News from Salute 2019 - Aka New Historicals

Discussion of Flames of War, Black Powder and other historical games.

News from Salute 2019 - Aka New Historicals

Postby Primarch on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:57 am

So, a few companies had some new goodies on display for their historical ranges.

Warlord announced Black Seas, an Age of Sail naval game.

They also had some Koreans and Allied troops on display for their Korean War supplement for Bolt Action.

And some new figures for the Anglo-Zulu War. :D

The Perrys were showing off some upcoming early Napoleonic French.

And their US GI's for WW2.

Renedra have some plastic Dark Age buildings on the way.

And Fireforge have announced a WW2 battleships game.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 9839
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: News from Salute 2019 - Aka New Historicals

Postby The Other Dave on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:28 am

Primarch wrote:And Fireforge have announced a WW2 battleships game.

Dagnabbit, that's just what I've always wanted. The renders don't look too terribly detailed, but they're presumably very early stages, and if the models are bad you can still always just go with GHQ's amazeballs models.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 20 Infantry
User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: News from Salute 2019 - Aka New Historicals

Postby Primarch on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:30 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Primarch wrote:And Fireforge have announced a WW2 battleships game.

Dagnabbit, that's just what I've always wanted. The renders don't look too terribly detailed, but they're presumably very early stages, and if the models are bad you can still always just go with GHQ's amazeballs models.

Provided it isn't played on a grid and doesn't require calling out grid references, I may be interested.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 9839
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: News from Salute 2019 - Aka New Historicals

Postby The Other Dave on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:32 am

Primarch wrote:
The Other Dave wrote:
Primarch wrote:And Fireforge have announced a WW2 battleships game.

Dagnabbit, that's just what I've always wanted. The renders don't look too terribly detailed, but they're presumably very early stages, and if the models are bad you can still always just go with GHQ's amazeballs models.

Provided it isn't played on a grid and doesn't require calling out grid references, I may be interested.

Well, when you think about it, a simple system of pegs or similar markers to show damage (say, white for water splashes when you miss and red for gouts of fire if you hit) would be a pretty cool way to do it.

( :lol: )
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 20 Infantry
User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: News from Salute 2019 - Aka New Historicals

Postby Mike the Pike on Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:42 am

Hmmm, those Korean War minis and the conflict itself look quite interesting.
I see there’s even a set of the 4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital. I don’t know how they’ll play rules wise. But any excuse to turn up to a gaming event in a bathrobe drinking a bath tub gin martini is fine by me.
User avatar
Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 1:42 pm
Location: Toyohashi

Re: News from Salute 2019 - Aka New Historicals

Postby The Other Dave on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:13 am

Mike the Pike wrote:But any excuse to turn up to a gaming event in a bathrobe drinking a bath tub gin martini is fine by me.

Who needs an excuse?
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 20 Infantry
User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: News from Salute 2019 - Aka New Historicals

Postby YellowStreak on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Image
:lol:
On the painting table:
Bolt Action Narvik Army
Necromunda Gor-liaths
Walking Dead Survivors/Zombies
Zombicide base set (so many zombies!)
Test of Honour Samurai
Rangers of Shadow Deep Rangers+Monsters
Astral Hams BigMarines
User avatar
YellowStreak
Legend
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap), Deep in the heart of Texas


Return to Historical Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest