Warlord in Nagoya?

Discussion of Flames of War, Black Powder and other historical games.

Warlord in Nagoya?

Postby Primarch on Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 am

Hi all,

I went to see Ikeda san today at Hobby Shop Town Crier in Nagoya to talk to him about the possibility of him stocking Warlord Games products in his shop. He seemed interested, but wasn't sure if there would be a lot of interest.

So....

If you want to be able to buy Romans, Celts, Ancient Greeks, Prussians, Russians, Commandos, Waffen SS, Airborne Rangers, Assyrians, Poles, Dacians or any of the other ranges Warlord produce (and at a very reasonable price too knowing Ikeda san), then let him know next time you are near his shop.

Incidentally I am hoping to run some demo games of Black Powder (Napoleonics) and Operation Squad (WW2 skirmish game) there sometime in the near future if anyone wants to give it a try.

P.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Warlord in Nagoya?

Postby job on Sat May 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Ikeda San is fantastic. :D

But I think it will be hard to sell Warlord games because of the lack of a Japanese ruleset. I think if he can push a Japanese rule set for WWii he might get lots Of interest, but I worry about the popularity of things like Napoleonics in Japan.

I think the game that would really sell is Dust. The game seems to fit the Gundamesque sci-fi. The models are great. I seem to remember seeing a YouTube video of a Mandrake display of a model. It is suggestive that maybe there is a Japanese variant of the rules. :?:
Models Painted, 2018
2 28mm
3 Robots
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Admiral-Badruck on Sat May 12, 2012 9:50 pm

There was a Japanese guy at Nagoya hammer who was really interested in Napolionics we had quite a chat.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Sun May 13, 2012 3:20 am

Dust Tactics is readily availabld from Amazon Japan and has been since it was released.
To my knowledge only 1 person locally bought any models for the game despite playing it with many different people.
Meanwhile, there are 5 people with Napoleonic armies in the NagoyaHammer area and a 6th who bought the rulebook.
On that basis, I would say that the market for Napoleonics is bigger than thay for Dust right now.

Plus, Ikeda san doesn't need to carry any stock particularly. Warlord will let him order as much as he wants whenever he wants.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby ashmie on Sun May 13, 2012 4:34 am

I'm not planning to buy any more models anytime soon for the pure logistics of having 0 time to paint the ones I already own.
But, by this nature you say Ikeda can order for us anything from Warlord as and when we need it that sounds perfect. Perhaps group orders would be good in that case.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45
ashmie
Wargod

Postby Primarch on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:40 am

Ikeda san has some new stock in at Town Crier.
From what I saw he has several boxes of the following:
Celts and Romans for Hail Caesar
Prussians for Black Powder

Ikeda san was also asking if there was much interest in him stocking Bolt Action as well....
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Return to Historical Games