Perry's Price Rise Coming!

Discussion of Flames of War, Black Powder and other historical games.

Perry's Price Rise Coming!

Postby Primarch on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:54 pm

I received an email in my inbox today from a UK webstore which I have used before. In the email they mention that the Perry Minis range of plastics is going to get a price increase fairly soon. There is nothing about it on the Perry Bros site, but they are pretty poor at keeping it up to date (as it is just the pair of them and they make/sell/ship all their lovely minis in their free time).
If anyone was sitting on the fence, now would be a good time to grab that box set you've been after.

http://www.caliverbooks.com do the Perry Minis at a nice discount, 16 pounds instead of the RRP of 18, plus they offer free shipping on minis (not books though usually). If you buy any 5 boxes of Perry Minis they have a special discount. They also have a pretty wide range of minis and terrain from other manufacturers, most of which have a 10% discount. I've used them a couple of times and despite the cheap looking website, the service is very good.

http://www.perry-miniatures.com is the other obvious place to buy from. They discount the tax on the minis, (20%) but they do charge for shipping (25%) so usually they are a bit more expensive than other webstores. They are the only place to stock their metal minis though. BUT..... They do have some army deals which offer a discount on the individual boxes and the bigger deals have free shipping.

E.g.
D13 French Corps Deal - 16 Plastic box sets of French Napoleonic Infantry (672 Infantry), 1 pack of Mounted Colonels, 1 pack of Generals, 1 pack of Corps Commanders 3 packs of Foot artillery. Actual Price £286.50 -Deal price £250 and POST FREE

That works out at 208 GBP (after the tax deduction) and with free shipping means you save nearly 80 pounds from RRP for a 28% discount. Of course, you have to want 670 French Infantry, but if you were to split it....

The army deals cover the American Civil War, Napoleonics (No free shipping on Brits though :( ) and The War of the Roses/Medieval.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Perry's Price Rise Coming!

Postby job on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:56 pm

I just bought a frame from them. They ship extremely fast after receiving orders. For two guys they put Warlord and Maelstrom to shame. But now I guess I'll have to put in orders for extra guns and hussars I want from them!
Models Painted, 2018
2 28mm
3 Robots
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:27 am

Some more details.

The price rise is set for the end of August.
Plastic sets will go up 2 pounds each.
Metals will go up by 50 pence each (maybe more for cavalry and artillery).

If only I had more time, more money and more space. :(
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby job on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 am

Oh, well, that's very affordable in all respects, especially considering GW's price hikes.

And there may be a silver lining. This slight rise in prices makes the Front Rank models a little more competitive. :D Hee hee now I can afford both Perry and Frontrank! :D
Models Painted, 2018
2 28mm
3 Robots
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Return to Historical Games