Shachi Bowl II for Real- June 25 at Nagoya Seinen Shiluhaku

If you are having trouble finding other players or you want to promote a local gaming group, please post your details here.

Re: Shachi Bowl II for Real- June 25 at Nagoya Seinen Shiluh

Postby YellowStreak on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:16 am

Thanks to my opponents - although the Hillshire Halfpints didn't cause the Wood Elves much grief, being able to claim a victory over the underworld creepers and denying Koji's Elves his 5th touchdown in spectacular fashion made it a fun day!
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby Konrad on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:25 am

A big thanks to my, (I will not say opponents) coaches for the games. Especially Underdweller who walked me through the rules and never hesitated to run back over and sort out a "who's in who's tacklezone" puzzle. Bloodbowl is a great game. As I was telling MIJ, I never really got into it, and I don't know why. I think that as I grew up surrounded by be-mulleted, mouth breathing, tobacco-chewin', foot-ball playin', ignoramuses, it never held the exotic, escapist appeal of traditional sci-fi or fantasy. That being said, I did spend a bit of time after tidying up sorting through bitz and pondering how I might cobble together a couple of Flesh Golems out of 40K Ork Nobz...... Everything is on 25mm bases, right? :mrgreen:
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby YellowStreak on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:05 am

Konrad wrote:A big thanks to my, (I will not say opponents) coaches for the games. Especially Underdweller who walked me through the rules and never hesitated to run back over and sort out a "who's in who's tacklezone" puzzle. Bloodbowl is a great game. As I was telling MIJ, I never really got into it, and I don't know why. I think that as I grew up surrounded by be-mulleted, mouth breathing, tobacco-chewin', foot-ball playin', ignoramuses, it never held the exotic, escapist appeal of traditional sci-fi or fantasy. That being said, I did spend a bit of time after tidying up sorting through bitz and pondering how I might cobble together a couple of Flesh Golems out of 40K Ork Nobz...... Everything is on 25mm bases, right? :mrgreen:

It's a game of mayhem and randomness! I would've thought it'd be right up your alley!
IMHO GW's best work (well 3rd ed. 1st and 2nd ed had the great concept but the execution involved looking up many, many tables...as i guess was more the norm in those days).
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:02 pm

base size doesnt really matter, as long as the mini fits into the square, ish (see treemen and minotaurs for edge-cases). Standard size used to be 25mm rounds for humans, 40mm for ogres and such, but tbh square bases are fine, too. I thiiiiink the new pitch has bigger squares, and the teams may be on the new fangled 32mm size bigmarine bases, but Ystreak will know better than I on that count.

Anyway, tl;dr - any base is fine.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby ashmie on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:13 am

Glad you had a good time guys. I've found myself a Blood Bowl group here and they are playing League games with the new teams af far as I can see. 6 teams total. I have a feeling I will be taking the reigns of the Chaos guys.

Lovejoy and others new to the game. I was trained by MiJ and Grim Ironjaw who love their BB. Here's some quick tips. Do all your sure uncomplicated unchallenged movement of players first, back up your players with assists as much as possible to get the extra dice, roll these in sequence of which has the highest. Pick up the ball and Blitz last unless there is absolutely nothing to else to do that turn.
I wish I had known this formula years ago because you can apply it to most tabletop wargames. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45
ashmie
Wargod

Previous

Return to Games/Group Finder