June Games Day at Naka Lifelong Learning Center June 24

If you are having trouble finding other players or you want to promote a local gaming group, please post your details here.
User avatar
job
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 3250
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Nagoya, Minato-ku

Re: June Games Day at Naka Lifelong Learning Center June 24

Post by job » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:26 am

Auxryn wrote:@Job - Dropfleet would be great! Shall I bring 1000 points of UCM?

@Konrad - I can easily bring along Strange Aeons since Dropfleet is lighter than 40k.
How about 1500 points? I have 1000 points of UCM painted up. If you don't mind me borrowing some of your UCM fleet, we could have a slightly larger game. If that's good, would you send me a short list of the ships you have? I recall roughly what you had but not exactly.
Models Painted, 2019
32 28mm miniature
1 walker

Auxryn
Champion
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Re: June Games Day at Naka Lifelong Learning Center June 24

Post by Auxryn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:13 pm

@Job - Yes! I can just barely put together 1500pts of Shaltari to oppose a UCM fleet.

For UCM ships, I have painted:
Avalon Battlecruiser
Moscow heavy cruiser
Seattle fleet carrier
2 magnetized cruisers

2 toulon, 2 jakarta, 2 lima, 2 new orleans

User avatar
job
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 3250
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Nagoya, Minato-ku

Re: June Games Day at Naka Lifelong Learning Center June 24

Post by job » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:49 am

Auxryn wrote:@Job - Yes! I can just barely put together 1500pts of Shaltari to oppose a UCM fleet.

For UCM ships, I have painted:
Avalon Battlecruiser
Moscow heavy cruiser
Seattle fleet carrier
2 magnetized cruisers

2 toulon, 2 jakarta, 2 lima, 2 new orleans
Great! Can your magnetized cruisers form New Cairo class light cruisers? I'll get you a list by next weekend.

@ ToD: Want to play a bit of 40k? I'm fine with 500 pt throw downs, but it might be a bit rock-paper-scissory. Would you consider 750 to 1000 point games to create a few options?
Models Painted, 2019
32 28mm miniature
1 walker

User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 3677
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya
Contact:

Re: June Games Day at Naka Lifelong Learning Center June 24

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:35 am

job wrote:@ ToD: Want to play a bit of 40k? I'm fine with 500 pt throw downs, but it might be a bit rock-paper-scissory. Would you consider 750 to 1000 point games to create a few options?
Yeah, that's fine. TBH I was interested in seeing just how low you could go and still have a good game - there was talk about possibly trying smaller games to make NagoyaHammer go smoother and all. But 1000 points would be cool!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 33 Infantry
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 4 Knights

User avatar
job
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 3250
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Nagoya, Minato-ku

Re: June Games Day at Naka Lifelong Learning Center June 24

Post by job » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:38 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
job wrote:@ ToD: Want to play a bit of 40k? I'm fine with 500 pt throw downs, but it might be a bit rock-paper-scissory. Would you consider 750 to 1000 point games to create a few options?
Yeah, that's fine. TBH I was interested in seeing just how low you could go and still have a good game - there was talk about possibly trying smaller games to make NagoyaHammer go smoother and all. But 1000 points would be cool!
It'd give 500 point games a try if you want, but how about a restriction of no unit/character over 150 points? Yes, it would restrict some of those units we may want to field but we may be able to remove some potential "unbalance"?

1-2 games at 500 points, 1 Patrol Detachment +1 Auxillary detachment (if you desire so)?

Or

A 1000 point game?

Would one of these options be suitable?

(I feel kind of daft as I just finished an entire post in questions. :? )
Models Painted, 2019
32 28mm miniature
1 walker

Auxryn
Champion
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Re: June Games Day at Naka Lifelong Learning Center June 24

Post by Auxryn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:41 pm

@Job - They can't do New Cairo since they aren't light cruisers, but they could be Berlins.

User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 3677
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya
Contact:

Re: June Games Day at Naka Lifelong Learning Center June 24

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:10 pm

job wrote:A 1000 point game?

Would one of these options be suitable?

(I feel kind of daft as I just finished an entire post in questions. :? )
1000's fine!

Is anybody else coming?
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 33 Infantry
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 4 Knights

User avatar
Konrad
Wargod
Posts: 2166
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:09 am

Re: June Games Day at Naka Lifelong Learning Center June 24

Post by Konrad » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:12 am

I'll be swinging by in the afternoon it looks like.
So how 'bout a bit of S.A after lunch then Aux?
I'll have lots of Cultists ready for you to mow down with that Tommy-gun/Hand Cannon, Gun-Fu machine of a Team Leader of yours.
What's your Team's rating? I think I need to prepare a proper Nemesis and might even get to choose the scenario! Muhahahaha......... :twisted:
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

User avatar
job
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 3250
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Nagoya, Minato-ku

Re: June Games Day at Naka Lifelong Learning Center June 24

Post by job » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:30 am

@ Auxryn: OK. Berliners it is.

@ ToD: 1000 points. Do you need me to tow terrain? I've got a battle mat, hills and such.
Models Painted, 2019
32 28mm miniature
1 walker

User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 3677
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya
Contact:

Re: June Games Day at Naka Lifelong Learning Center June 24

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:53 am

job wrote:@ ToD: 1000 points. Do you need me to tow terrain? I've got a battle mat, hills and such.
Nah, I'll bring my box o' terrain as I'll be coming by car and I still haven't taken it out of the trunk after NagoyaHammer, heh.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 33 Infantry
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 4 Knights

Post Reply

Return to “Games/Group Finder”