Kansai 40k, July 14th at Higacchi Games

If you are having trouble finding other players or you want to promote a local gaming group, please post your details here.

Kansai 40k, July 14th at Higacchi Games

Postby Dekana on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Higacchi Games will be hosting a 40k event on July 14th from 14:00 ~ 22:00.
The event is on the second floor of the store, which is near Tennoji, Osaka. (map)
The room costs 1200 yen to use for the whole day.

Trial miniatures are available for free for beginners who want to try out 40k.
Space is limited, so I'll go ahead and make reservations for anyone who wants to come.

For those coming from Aichi, the most convenient route is probably to take the Kintetsu Limited service to Tsuruhashi and then ride the subway to either Tanabe or Kita-tanabe station. The store is a 5 minute walk from there.

---

7月14日14時~22時にひがっちゲームズはウォーハンマー40,000イベントを開催します。
大阪市天王寺と近い店で、2階になります!
お部屋の料金は1200円(フリータイムで)

ウォーハンマーの初心者も大歓迎です。体験用のミニアチュアは無料で用意されます。
店は狭いので、もし興味あれば事前にポストしてください。こちらほうから予約しますね。

愛知の方ですが、鶴橋行き近鉄線は一番便利だろうな。そこから田辺または北田辺駅まで行って、店まで歩けます。
Last edited by Dekana on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.
Dekana
Veteran

Re: Kansai 40k, July 14th at Higacchi Games

Postby Dekana on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Only one other player showed up this time around, so we played two back to back games.

In the first game, my guardswomen trounced some ultra-heretical ultramarines. (Actually, it was a very close game on points, and I would have lost if we ended on turn 5.)

In the second game, a single imperial knight came to claim revenge for the ultramarines, but was itself destroyed in short order by a manticore and some astropaths.
I just threw together a list quickly for this game, and I didn't think it was all that strong. Are knights not that powerful, or was the manticore too much of a list tailor? If it were just a normal 500 point game, I'd probably bring a leman russ instead of manticore (but their shooting is about equal) and some more troops instead of the astropaths.

Have a look at both battle reports on imgur!
Dekana
Veteran

Postby job on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:04 pm

Sorry for not attending. I actually switched my schedule after the last game day here in Nagoya and worked today. However, if I can wrangle free on one of your game days, I'll try to make the trip down to Osaka.

As to your manticore-knight question, I have no idea. I have little idea to the relative strengths of either unit.
Models Painted, 2018
2 28mm
3 Robots
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Dekana on Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:03 pm

No need to apologize. Some other time, eh?

The manticore is an artillery piece, 2d6 shots, s10 -2ap d3 damage, doesn't need line of sight to fire.
For comparison, a leman russ is 2d6 shots, s8 -2ap d3 damage but is tougher than the manticore.
Either one is about 150 points.

I don't really know the knight stats, but this version at least was t8 w24 3+/5++.
Dekana
Veteran

Return to Games/Group Finder