What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby Primarch on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:02 am

Today I spent a few hours boxing up some minis I'm selling off. Still a ton of stuff left though. :roll: I also did a spot of painting on some Saxons. This evening I'm hoping to get some work done on a few bits of terrain.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Went to jus' today and came away poorer in yen but richer in dreadnoughts and terminators. Hope the game went well tonight, Justins!
Miniatures painted in 2017:
Fleet: 2 cruisers
15mm: 1 tank, 2 buildings
28mm: 172 infantry, 4 vehicles, 5 buildings
Currently focusing on: 40K, Malifaux
I started a blog! https://chubugamer.wordpress.com/
The Other Dave
Wargod

Postby Primarch on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:30 pm

I spent this evening painting up a unit of Saxons. They're all done except for a coat of varnish and their bases.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby kojibear on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:57 pm

Primarch wrote:I spent this evening painting up a unit of Saxons. They're all done except for a coat of varnish and their bases.

King Egbert would approve! :D
kojibear
Legend

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 am

Finished up my first street-legal squad of bigmarines:

Is next, Dreadnought! Hopefully I can get it finished up to debut with these fellows on Sunday.

Edit to add: Huh. It's amazing what you can do when you're motivated, I guess.

The Other Dave
Wargod

Postby Lovejoy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:33 pm

As usual, I haven't been doing much hobby stuff, but for different reasons than the customary ones of busy-ness/idleness. No, I've been in the UK for a couple of weeks, but will be returning soon.

I've been touring the north of this rainy landmass, enjoying the cool British summer in Newcastle, Carlisle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, meeting old friends, supping a few real ales, buying a lot of kids toys, clothes and books, and getting in some hobby shopping too.

Last week I met up with our very own MiJ Dave at the Claymore wargaming show in Edinburgh. I was lucky enough (in my eyes at least) to get 2 OOP GW Minas Tirith fortification sets for about a quarter of what you'd expect (so that's a wall that near enough spans 4 feet of table), an old plastic Warhammer Fortress (for peanuts) and 14 OOP LOTR minis at a couple of quid each. I am seriously delighted, especially with the aforementioned LOTR sets. I have this distant dream to stage the siege of Minas Tirith, Battle of the Pelennor Fields or something epic. It looks the business.

Also scored a Regiment of Renown set (the 87' Ruglud's Armoured Orcs) to go with the 5 foot soldiers I already had, and some old orcy stuff from the first Citadel Compendium. Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but very much in my current nostalgia wheelhouse.
2017 Hobby Progress: Nowt.
Lovejoy
Legend

Postby Primarch on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:18 am

@ToD - Nice Dread.

@Lovejoy - Well done mate. Seems like you got a bargain.

I spent several hours today cutting up foam and gluing sand onto terrain. I've probably made way too much, since I'm sure everyone attending the Normandy '44 game is also hard at work on terrain as well, right? :lol:
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Continuing my bizarre phase of extreme painting productivity, today I painted up a lieutenant for my Scythes (the body and legs were a rescue from a conversion jus gave up on, which is why he has a templars-esque aquila) and some verra old-school grots for my Advanced Space Crusade set.

(The grots only rate recycled bases, poor fellas.) In retrospect, I should have painted up the lieutenant I bashed together with the combi-flamer first when I consider how I'm planning on fielding him in coming days, but ah well.
The Other Dave
Wargod

Postby kojibear on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Sounds like you are having a good time on holiday Lovejoy. Enjoy the rest of the trip and have a good flight back. :)

The Other Dave is giving Prim a run for his money on painting efficiency. ;) Nice work Dave and nice minis.

Thanks for the hard efforts with the terrain Prim. I buy you an imaginary beer for now, and a real one or two or three there shall be for you on the day! :) (I drank a few beers while I was making terrain last year and nearly took of the end of my finger! :cry: )
kojibear
Legend

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Evenin' all. The fam and I arrived back in humid ol' Tsu this evening, and I think it's fair to say a spot of Hobby was brought back from brave Caledonia. A dark millenium box, 2 index books, a sigmarite mausoleum, a large SF mdf building, 2 4ground ruined buildings, assorted mdf small, fantasy, scattery things, a scuurg heavy bomber, half a dozen paintbrushes, 4 packs of Open War cards, 1 pack of Tac Obj cards, 1 pack of Command Cards, a blister of UCM corvettes, Forgotten Pacts, Ulterior Motives, a Primaris Libby, a pot of S75 black paint, some hedgerow, and a partridge in a pear tree.*

Anyway. That'll be my hobby budget for the year blown. :?

*one of these things is a lie.
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント