What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby Primarch on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:12 pm

me_in_japan wrote:This week my eldest asked me (well, pestered incessantly would be more accurate) to show him how to play Magic. Being a bit rusty on the rules (it's been a while), I downloaded Magic: Duels on Steam to refresh my memory.

Magic Duels is great. Sadly Wizards stopped supporting it with new releases. It's a great system to get used to the rules though.

No painting from me again today. I did start reading Glory Hallelujah, the ACW supplement for Black Powder. It's not a period I know much about, but so far the book is interesting.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby job on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:42 pm

me_in_japan wrote:This week my eldest asked me (well, pestered incessantly would be more accurate) to show him how to play Magic. Being a bit rusty on the rules (it's been a while), I downloaded Magic: Duels on Steam to refresh my memory.

Yeah.....shouldn't've done that :oops: Already waaaay too much time spent on that game these past few evenings.

On the plus side, he seems to be taking to the game (actual cards, not pooter game) fairly well. Only the basics so far, but at this rate by the time he turns 13 (um, in about 7 and a bit years) he should be well able to mop the floor with the opposition. If he does well enough on the pro circuit he'll be able to pay for his own university fees :lol: :lol: #forwardthinking #blindoptimism

yes, I know. Hashtags. Burn 'im at the stake for heresy :roll:

That's pretty cool that you can share that experience. Maybe you should send him over to Grim Ironjaw's place to be tutupred by the local area master? Maybe become a padawan?
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
job
Wargod

Postby Konrad on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:39 pm

job wrote:

Yeah.....shouldn't've done that :oops: Already waaaay too much time spent on that game these past few evenings.

On the plus side, he seems to be taking to the game (actual cards, not pooter game) fairly well. Only the basics so far, but at this rate by the time he turns 13 (um, in about 7 and a bit years) he should be well able to mop the floor with the opposition. If he does well enough on the pro circuit he'll be able to pay for his own university fees :lol: :lol: #forwardthinking #blindoptimism

yes, I know. Hashtags. Burn 'im at the stake for heresy :roll:

That's pretty cool that you can share that experience. Maybe you should send him over to Grim Ironjaw's place to be tutupred by the local area master? Maybe become a padawan?

That is cool. I used to play Pokemon with my kids...before they outgrew it...... I found this blank-card-template- make- your- own card site and we'd draw our own pictures, scan em in and print our own cards. Of course "game balance" was not a concept they could get their heads around. 100s of HP of damage were the norm. :mrgreen:
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Legend

Postby AndrewGPaul on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:06 pm

I drove two hours to a wargames show in Kirriemuir (where? It's in the arse end of nowhere north of Dundee, and its only claim to fame is that Bon Scott of AC/DC was born not far away and lived there for three years) and ran some demo games of 1st edition Adeptus Titanicus. Mostly for kids against their dads. :)
AndrewGPaul
Champion

Postby Konrad on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:22 am

Back to GoMo now that the Vikings are finished and on their way to pillage the West Coast. Been thinking the Dino-chicks need a bit of air power. I think I'll call her "Big-gabba-don".

And a couple of new Diggaz. Not that happy with the one on the right, and see some a couple of tweaks here and there now that I've got a camera's eye view. but all and all lookin' good.

...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Legend

Postby Primarch on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:10 am

@Konrad - That's a BIG pigeon. :shock:
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby jehan-reznor on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Konrad what is with the bar, i am more worried about your fatshaming your ladies need some meat :P

Started to paint the Maelstroms Edge mechs
http://78.media.tumblr.com/c2c9512b7a560e07b0dba4ccca3cbf86/tumblr_ozb9dhbMO01rkbzxbo1_1280.jpg

And the progress on the Chacaradons ship
http://78.media.tumblr.com/264df26d7214eb90d9ed591a37ca3457/tumblr_ozb9dhbMO01rkbzxbo2_1280.jpg
jehan-reznor
Champion

Postby The Other Dave on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 am

I got my orks (orcs, orruks, uruks, whatevah) for Shadespire in the mail last night, so when they get primed I'll get on painting them. I'll be getting the core set with my bonus next month, so if anyone wants to try the game out January-ish, I should be set to do that. Also the Passive Aggressors I ordered for my marines got in to the shop this week, so this weekend I'll drive up to pick them up - plenty of painting in the coming days!
Miniatures painted in 2017:
Fleet: 2 cruisers
15mm: 1 tank, 2 buildings
28mm: 183 infantry, 4 vehicles, 5 buildings
Currently focusing on: 40K, Malifaux
I started a blog! https://chubugamer.wordpress.com/
The Other Dave
Wargod

Postby Primarch on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:15 pm

I haven't been doing much painting recently, just some odd bits here and there. I've mainly been watching TV (Star Trek Discovery) or been wandering a post-apocalyptic wasteland (Fallout New Vegas). :D The painting mojo has been in short supply this month.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:58 pm

The base isn't done (I really hate plastic scenic bases), but the rest of him is - Hakka, the first member of the orc warband for Shadespire, is done:

I decided to go blue like my goblins, mostly just to be contrary. :D Aside from that, I was going for something as Black Orc-y as I could manage.
Miniatures painted in 2017:
Fleet: 2 cruisers
15mm: 1 tank, 2 buildings
28mm: 183 infantry, 4 vehicles, 5 buildings
Currently focusing on: 40K, Malifaux
I started a blog! https://chubugamer.wordpress.com/
The Other Dave
Wargod

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント