What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Ork numba 2 is nicer than ork numba 1 (not to disparage numba 1 - nowt wrong wi' im, just numba 2 iz betta, loik.)

As for me, I
must
stop
looking
at
MTG
booster boxes
on
Amazon.

Must....

Resiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttt........................
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Primarch on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:44 pm

@M_i_J - Not wanting to cause trouble here, but I saw that Wayland have some MTG stuff on sale for Black Friday.

However...

Isn't Jesse in your neck of the woods? I would think he would have some spares if you're just after something to play with with your younglings.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:38 am

ta for the heads up, Prim, but a quick peruse of wayland shows me that they don't have any of the stuff I'm looking for. Phew - a close call, that was...

Also, aye - Jesse is near me. It's not that I need cards - far from it, thanks to the very generous heap of cards he gave me some years ago when I last played. I'm just getting an itchy trigger finger to buy summat. Haven't done any hobby shopping since I got back from Scotland. To be fair, I did drop a shit ton of cash while I was there, so it's not like I'm lacking for stuff, but y'know how sometimes you just find yourself repeatedly looking at the same item(s) on online shops and finding ways to justify buying them? I'm in that zone just now. I actually got in touch with Jesse yesterday, and will likely be popping round his place in the near future, where he will no doubt remind me how badly I suck at Magic.
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Primarch on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:59 am

me_in_japan wrote:... but y'know how sometimes you just find yourself repeatedly looking at the same item(s) on online shops and finding ways to justify buying them?

Er...No, no. I am completely unfamiliar with that situation and it bears no resemblance to any activities that I may be involved in, in the run up to Black Friday. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:30 pm

me_in_japan wrote:As for me, I
must
stop
looking
at
MTG
booster boxes
on
Amazon.

Must....

Resiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttt........................

Resistance proved futile. Ordered a box of Shadows over Innistrad today. I feel dirty and used :cry:

On the plus side - hey! Vampires n werewolves n shit! And if I get the Eldritch Moon (part 2 of the SoI set) box, they've got mutant alien zombie vampires n werewolves! Bonus! :D
2016 totals
minis
terrain
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby The Other Dave on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:55 am

I finished up these rude boys this afternoon, and they're ready for a scrap on Sunday.

Quiz: Which of these guys is named Ironskull? Hint! It's *not* the one with an iron skull! :lol: Seriously, though, these fellas were a lot of fun to paint - lots of character, and just enough of them that the whole process stays fresh from start to finish. Painting the thorny vines red was probably a mis-step (I can't get them to stop looking like centipedes or entrails), and they'll likely get repainted a more ordinary sort of planty color at some point, but that's really the only thing I'm not in love with about 'em.

Asch and I will play some games on Sunday, and I'll drop into the Shadespire thread after and let folks know what I think.
Miniatures painted in 2017:
Fleet: 2 cruisers
15mm: 1 tank, 2 buildings
28mm: 186 infantry, 4 vehicles, 5 buildings
Currently focusing on: 40K, Malifaux
I started a blog! https://chubugamer.wordpress.com/
The Other Dave
Wargod

Postby Primarch on Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:35 pm

@ToD - Nice work on your Smurcs. They look like they're ready to deliver a beating to anyone who gets in their way.

I spent several hours today assembling some 4Ground, Sarissa and Knights of Dice terrain pieces, some of which I bought during the Black Friday sales last year. I managed to assemble a Saxon house, a Japanese temple/meeting house, a subway entrance, a bus stand, a medieval town hall and a couple of antenna to go on top of some buildings.
I have to say that I am not a big fan of 4Ground's double layered walls. Sometimes they just don't want to go together neatly. It didn't help that one of the pieces seemed to be cut slightly off from the correct position. :x
Knights of Dice make some lovely pieces, but they also have crazy tight tolerances, I've found myself shaving the edges off pieces to help them fit better.
Sarissa seem to be the least rage inducing of the bunch and the Japanese temple went together with barely a curse word. So, it seems that Sarissa will be getting some of my custom during the sales.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:15 am

I went round to Jesse’s for some Magic on Thursday night. It was nice to get in a few games again, and the experience of getting whupped 4-0 brought it all back. We played Sealed with that box of SoI I mentioned a few posts back. It’s a fun set, although the transform mechanic does make for some practical problems (the cards are printed on both sides, so under normal circumstances holding them in your hand is a bit of a giveaway.) Fortunately Jesse supplied a bunch of sleeves for the game, and much transformation was had.

All in all, I’m happy to be playing Magic again. Next time I’m up in Nagoya I’d be up for a game or two (very much friendly and non-competitive, mind you).
2016 totals
minis
terrain
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby AndrewGPaul on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:20 pm

I picked up my copy of Necromunda :D Unfortunately, the postie tried to deliver my beastman while I was out at the depot. :(
AndrewGPaul
Champion

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Hooray! Today my copy of the Death Guard codex arrived, about 5 weeks after my dad posted it. According to the stickers on the package, it had been misshipped to Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Because, obviously, it's easy to confuse Vancouver, BC, Canada, with 津市、三重県、日本  :roll: Gawd bless 'er Maj's Postal Service.
2016 totals
minis
terrain
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント