What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby Miguelsan on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:52 am

Today I painted a real figure. A 1st generation plague mutant from Warpath. Had it gathering dust on the table after I got it for cheap last summer.
Photos to follow.

M.
Miguelsan
Veteran

Postby Primarch on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:53 am

No painting for me last night, I attended an office party instead. We went to a bar in Ichinomiya called GaGa
(https://tabelog.com/en/aichi/A2302/A230 ... hotolst/3/), which one of my coworkers had reserved. When we went inside, the place is covered in heavy metal and hard rock posters, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Pantera, Guns and Roses etc. The owners are this nice older couple who are also incredible metal fans. :D I'm not a true metal-head myself, but I know some of you are, so if you are ever looking for a place to drink in Ichinomiya, I really recommend GaGa. (Named for the Queen song, not the Lady).
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Miguelsan on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:15 am

Today we had clear skies over Kobe so pic time! Not that my photo skills are going to improve.
The promised photo of the Warpath 1st gen mutant.

M.
Miguelsan
Veteran

Postby Konrad on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:34 am

Finally got the final touches done on the latest Dino-chick project. Been a big experiment at every stage and while hardly perfect, I'm pretty proud of it. Can't wait to get some paint on it and get it on the table. The DinoChicks need some air support! I can't remember the name of the company that made the dinosaur. (Dinosaur?) Something European looking. Got it at TokyuHands. The rider/handler will have a spear and shield, but I'll have to put those on after I get some paint on her. The spear hand wire snapped off and it's too fiddly to drill along side and put another one in.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby Konrad on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:38 am

And a couple of unrelated side projects.
Frostgrave treasure counters. Been experimenting with oyumaru.

And some cultists for Strange Aeons. The one on the left looks unsettling like an old college flatmate I had. He was rather unsettling himself. I will be putting those rifles to good use soon Prim.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby jehan-reznor on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Cool chicks on the dino chick @Konrad

Started to paint a nurgle marine in a different color than the usual green
http://78.media.tumblr.com/134c3cc94ae40052b680312b9e51d0dc/tumblr_p41ecmi9IF1rkbzxbo1_1280.jpg

It is been a while since i made a new kitty marine, so here is my first Kitty marine made in a while, made from a Space marine Heroes one.
http://78.media.tumblr.com/4aee7451b146ee83eb78610e14496c2e/tumblr_p41ecmi9IF1rkbzxbo3_1280.jpg
jehan-reznor
Champion

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:45 pm

@j-r - nice colour matching on the marine kitty with that hat :) Also good yellowy colour on the stinky.
@konrad - lovely work on the sculpts there. Particular shout out for the frostgrave objectives. Very nice use of bits, bobs and press moulds.

I've done nae verra much this weekend. Played Magic against Grim Ironjaw on Saturday night there. Got gubbed (predictably), although I did manage to win 2 out of 6, with one of my losses being down to a single misplayed card on my part. I realise that 2 (nearly 3!) out of 6 sounds bad, but that's up from none out of 6 not that long ago...

fwiw, the mega-dread is nearly done, with only a little oil wash weathering and the base to go. Should be finished this week, fairly comfortably (although, predictably enough, it's a particularly-busy-in-rl-kinda-week, which might throw me off, but here's hoping :) )
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Primarch on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:02 pm

@Miguelsan - Nice mutant, he looks like a bit of a messy eater though.
@Konrad - Dang that's a big budgie! The diggas look great, as does the creepy looking dude.
@J-R - The non-green plague marine is a good choice. Jaundice is under-represented amongst Nurgle's gifts.

As for myself, I did a spot of painting/modelling over the weekend. I have some trees nearly finished, my current batch of Saxons are slowly creeping towards completion and I assembled a bunch of rocky terrain as well. I could have done more, but Fallout 4 is a jealous mistress and I spent most of my free time eradicating radioactive mutants and the like.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:26 am

Last night I chugged away a bit at my own giant robit, the Redemptor for my Marines. I'm making good progress, but currently struggling through that stage where yellow always looks like pants. I think he'll turn out well, though - even the "easy build" version of the kit that I got is some lovely chunky robot goodness. (With a Heavy 12 gatling cannon. 8-) )

Also on Saturday I went up to YellowStreak's place for some 40K and Shadespire. 40K was fun (60 power, Marines versus Tyranids), even if my Chapter Master's brain got eaten. (And YS, I did check the rules, and the ReasonableHammer interpretation of reinforcement placement counting as movement is indeed the correct one. :oops: Even so, Aggressors are probably my new favorite unit, and at some point someday I may just have to expand them to 6 models.) Shadespire too, although it's becoming more and more clear to me that Skeletons are going to be hard to use.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 91 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Yay! Finished the mega-dread :) Here's some pictures. Incidentally, I'm hopeful that the dirt on his feet will lighten up a bit in colour, as it is still not 100% dry. It should hopefully match the colour on the ground. Also, the colour/brightness in the first picture is the most accurate to life. One day I shall understand photoshop, but today is not that day :roll:

and a scale shot. Ee's a big lad, yessir.

2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント