What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby The Other Dave on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:32 pm

I dig it! Those are some snazzy sculpts too.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 51 infantry, 4 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:09 pm

@M_i_J - A new model to admire everyday is no bad thing, don't worry about it. Plus those Poxy types come in a variety of clothing and gear, so it's not as monotonous as looking at more uniform figures like marines.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:00 am

I got a bit of work done on the first three skeletons for my final* Shadespire warband:

Actually they're pretty much done as I look at them. Some very worn green on the shields and the one guy's fur cloak, really, plus the bases. I'm going for a more dirty, yellowed, "just crawled out of the ground" look than the usual clean bleached bones you see, and I reckon it's looking OK!

*If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you. :lol:
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:55 am

The Other Dave wrote:I got a bit of work done on the first three skeletons for my final* Shadespire warband:

Actually they're pretty much done as I look at them. Some very worn green on the shields and the one guy's fur cloak, really, plus the bases. I'm going for a more dirty, yellowed, "just crawled out of the ground" look than the usual clean bleached bones you see, and I reckon it's looking OK!

*If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you. :lol:

As far as the reanimated bones of deceased people go, those are looking pretty good. :D I like the discoloration of the metalwork. It gives them a more creepy vibe.

Probably hard to sell a bridge in this economy though. :lol:
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Lovejoy on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:35 am

Some great offerings here recently. The pox walkers are great models, wonderfully pimped out (by which I mean painted) by MiJ..Really like the look of ToD’s skeletons too. Almost makes one want to try Shadespire.

I’ve been grafting away at some Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game minis (as it is now being called). Got a few Battle Companies games on the horizon (think Mordheim for SBG). It has been a struggle getting back into painting, as I’m very rusty, paints are in a bit of a neglected state, and I’m trying to wrestle with what are more or less historically proportioned 28mm minis rather than heroic scale. They are rather bloody tiny for me. Getting there though. My orcs will hopefully taste man-flesh (or Dwarf flesh) soon.

Still job hunting, I do have an offer but not a perfect one. What is though.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG
Lovejoy
Legend

Postby The Other Dave on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:38 am

Two more down - the Prince of Dust and the Champion.

Not quite done with all 7 in time for gaming tomorrow, but that's what the other 3 warbands are for, heh.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby kojibear on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Cool, Other Dave! Looking good! Those blades will give their victims a nasty case of tetanus or gangrene - should they actually be alive after the encounter. :D :)
kojibear
Legend

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:10 am

A very fun day today - Advanced Space Crusade worked out great and was (I think!) good fun for all - while the Marines could cripple a couple of the hive ship's most important organs, it wasn't quite enough to destroy the ship and save the planet below, alas! I think I've got the game tuned so that the Marines have to work for their victory and can really get in trouble if exploration slows down, which is a pretty good place for it, I think. Then a game of Shadespire to show MiJ the ropes, in which he managed the first victory I've seen with the Skeletons against the very-competitive Orcs, so that was all right too!
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:11 pm

Many many thanks to Dave, Jus, Jus and the Admiral for a most excellent day of gaming, made all the sweeter by Dave’s provision of everything needed to play. ASC was a fun game, and truth be told I wasn’t convinced we (the nids) were going to win, especially after the terminator squad got involved. Shadespire is also a lot of fun, and I can see the potential for some tricksy tactical shenanigans with the cards. Sadly, my own tactical acumen for the game amounts to “stand around and wait for the orcs to charge you, whiff their rolls, then thump them with whoever happens to be closest.” It worked pretty well this time, but I don’t hold out much hope of any success should there be a rematch. You’ve got to love the undead, though - any warband whose primary tactical objective is “get everybody killed at least once” has to be onto a winner, no?
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント