What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby Konrad on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:53 am

Dekana wrote:I received some 60mm bases in the mail today (for use with my heavy weapon teams), submerged my blue/green tanks in a vat of Simple Green, and tried out airbrushing for the first time with one of my basilisks.

The airbrushing took some time to get used to, but it's certainly faster than painting every tank by hand.
And I kept the stupid sawtooth pattern, because why not.

Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom.
I luv me my big gunz too.
I rigged my Basilisks to that the gun platform slides out and I rigged up some emplacements for them.
I should check Forgeworld and see if Earthshaker batteries are still a thing. You could cheese them up pretty bad last edition. I know I did......

After sawing the legs off the Rat Ogre, I got them nearly re-done. And someone stop me before I start putting spikes on the helmet. Stop me I say!
Paint jobs on the SquatBosses are coming along too.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby Miguelsan on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:46 am

Just for Prim Moar Balloons!
But somehow I don't think the GW store in Namba will agree with my conversion.

@TheOtherDave. If you don't have anything planned for the volley gun of your new scion set I'd love to take it from you. either for some money or scion bits.

M.

PS: Spikes are bad Konrad.
Miguelsan
Veteran

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:14 pm

@konrad - spikes are bad, mmkay. They're also a pain in the ass to paint. Just sayin'...
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby kojibear on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Primarch wrote:
Today I finished reading an Osprey book on the Peloponnesian War. Kinda want to paint up a Greek army now. :lol: .

Wouldn't mind giving that a ready myself! :)

@Yellowstreak - How are things in the heart of Texas? Struck liquid gold yet? ;) Hope you and the Mrs are settling in OK.
kojibear
Legend

Postby Dekana on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Primarch wrote:@Dekana - I like the sawtooth pattern, it gives your army its own character.

Thanks! It's different from the splotches and camo patterns I usually see, but I like having something I can call my own. (And if I really thought the pattern was bad, I wouldn't be using it.)

@Konrad: Check out my gunzzzz!
I'm pretty sure the earthshaker batteries have rules in 8th edition, but I've already glued the platforms to the back of the vehicle. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Today I stripped my leman russes of paint with a scrub and toothbrush. Ugh, my poor hands.
I still have to do the weapons, turrets, and sponsons, but I'll take care of that tomorrow.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.
Dekana
Veteran

Postby YellowStreak on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:19 pm

kojibear wrote:@Yellowstreak - How are things in the heart of Texas? Struck liquid gold yet? ;) Hope you and the Mrs are settling in OK.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby Konrad on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:32 pm

PS: Spikes are bad Konrad.
@konrad - spikes are bad, mmkay. They're also a pain in the ass to paint. Just sayin'...

To late! Tooo laaaaaaate! But they look baaaaad!
Just a few final details and tidying up and it's done!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby Primarch on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Not an awful lot to report painting-wise. Last night I did some work on some walls, painted some skin tones on my current batch of Arabian archers and put some basing material on them.

kojibear wrote:
Primarch wrote:
Today I finished reading an Osprey book on the Peloponnesian War. Kinda want to paint up a Greek army now. :lol: .

Wouldn't mind giving that a read myself! :)

It's a PDF, so we'll figure something out.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:21 pm

As I ponder what color to paint my Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (currently leaning towards bone-white armor with a red stripe and brown fatigues), I went back and did most of the work to finish off a desert hill I started lo these many moons ago, just to make sure my table for NagoyaHammer is nice and dense.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 91 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Konrad on Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:31 am

[quote="The Other Dave"]As I ponder what color to paint my Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (currently leaning towards bone-white armor with a red stripe and brown fatigues), I went back and did most of the work to finish off a desert hill I started lo these many moons ago, just to make sure my table for NagoyaHammer is nice and dense.

I think your Inquisitorial Storm Troopers should be red. Because noooo one would expect that!
I have a, don't know his name, big hammer, double headed eagle perched on wrist, Inquisitor. Would so love to do a Admech/Inquisition/Blanchitsu-kitbash/throw in a comfy chair perhaps retinue and do some Necromunda or something. Someday......
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント