What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby The Other Dave on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:42 pm

Finished up my first Armiger tonight:

(And yes, I have a whole headcanon prepared about why my AdMech's attached knight house uses basically the exact same color scheme as the forgeworld does, heh.) One more Helverin to go, then I'll order a box of Warglaives and have a full detachment of 'em and neeearly 1500 points of AdMech - just a box of Infiltrators after that will pretty much get me there.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 91 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Nice work on the big robot, ToD! Check you and your multiple-28mm-scale armies!

As for me, like Prim I’ve been in a bit of a slump recently. Combination of heat, lack of time and (currently) a bloody vexation of a cold that has left me with a thumping headache and a throat like sandpaper. I did manage a couple of rpg minis for kbear over the past few weeks - a halfling and a barbarian. Also, I’ve been tinkering with a non-mini related project of mine: building a wooden box (for magic cards.) I’ve always quite enjoyed woodwork, and since I have all the necessary bits of equipment already (thank you terrain building) I figured I’d give it a shot. At the mo I don’t have much to show other than a few scribbled diagrams and a couple flat bits of board, but hopefully I’ll be able to produce something functional and not hideously ugly. Time will tell :)
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby kojibear on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Nice work ToD - I like those miniatures sculpts much better than the Primaris dreadnought!

I have been pottering away at finishing up a Space Wolf squad in MKIII power armour and painted up another rhino - an old rogue trader one donated by the Primarch. I also got another unit of my Dragon Rampant Elves finished - the archers. So, progress is being made. Hope to have some pictures up by the end of the week. The Space Wolves have been quite easy to paint, while the elves have been quite finicky, but much more fun.
kojibear
Legend

Postby Primarch on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 pm

@ToD - Nice Armiger!
I was going to ask how to pronounce that (e.g. Ah-myg-er or Army-grr), but it is actually a real word. It means 'Someone who has the right to bear a heraldric coat of arms,' so I guess all Knights are technically armigers? And it's Ah-mij-er, in case there was any doubt.

@Kojibear - Looking forward to seeing more Elves and Wolves on the table soon.

After my self-pity post the other day, I forced myself to sit down and do some painting after work. Nothing fancy, but that lead mountain isn't going to climb itself. I'll try and post up some WIP pictures tonight if I get a minute.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:40 pm

Thanks, all - it's a nice model, and as I've said it's kind of insane how good a value the box is. Zero bits left over (well, a couple of spare faceplates, but those are pretty un-useful), but on balance I'd rather have that and a good value in the kit than a whole sprue that ends up in the bits box like with the whole generation of dual build kits.

Primarch wrote:@ToD - Nice Armiger!
I was going to ask how to pronounce that (e.g. Ah-myg-er or Army-grr), but it is actually a real word. It means 'Someone who has the right to bear a heraldric coat of arms,' so I guess all Knights are technically armigers? And it's Ah-mij-er, in case there was any doubt.

Although I imagine us "r-ful" Americans would say Ahrr-mij-er. (At least that's what I've been saying and I'm sticking to it - although OTOH I do like to leave the "e" in Custodes silent, to jus's eternal scorn.)
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Some WIP Zulus.
And a few German Grenadiers in need of basing.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Miguelsan on Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:11 am

I've been avoiding my miniatures... but even then I painted a small Bandai Imperial Star Destroyer that I'm temped to dunk b/c I don't like the white I used to finish it.
Beginners mistake, white and drybrush do not mix and I should know better.

M.
Miguelsan
Veteran

Postby kojibear on Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:58 pm

Wolves and Lions!

kojibear
Legend

Postby The Other Dave on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:34 am

Awesome stuff as usual, kojibear! I'd love a clearer shot of the rhino - looks like you have some gradation going on there?

I'm chugging away at my second Helverin, and also ordered a box of Warglaives today (summer bonus, woo hoo!).
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:22 am

Very nice work, Kbear! Those marines especially have some nice ab work on them, if my eyes do not betray me. Nice base on the eagle, too. Job’s a good un :)

Ps is that green in the shadows on the eagle wings, doing Lebowski’s rug’s work rather well? Nice touch :)

Edit : sorry, I see now it’s a gryph, not an eagle. Legs are all stretchy back and hard to see. My bad.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント