What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby job on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:29 am

Here you. I'd set off last night to paint after having to abstain from painting for a week. Just as I was about set out the paints my daughter half wakes up and starts to cry. I got to settle her down and manage to get her asleep. Next thing I know I wake up and it's six minutes to 4 am. One more reason the current batch of horses haven't been finished for about a year.
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:54 pm

Well, I managed to get a little bit done over the weekend. I managed to get some paint on a couple of hills I have put together and put a brown wash onto some German trucks.
Honestly, I'm not so happy with the amount of things I did get done, but as I mentioned back up the thread, I'm just not in a painting mood at the moment. On the plus side, I finished off Shadowrun Returns on the PC and started the next game in the series, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, which uses the same engine with just a couple of tweaks. Well worth a look if you like turn based games with an RPG element. I watched Antman 2 at the cinema and a few episodes of Luke Cage as well. All in all, not a bad weekend, just not one in which a lot of stuff got painted.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Primarch on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:03 pm

Last night I managed a bit more brush-time, finishing the paint work on some hills and adding some details to some trucks. It's not an amazing amount of progress, but it feels like stuff is slowly coming together.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby ashmie on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Talos and the heroes of the Argo. Not bad for a days kit bashing.

Talos is from Crooked Dice and the heroes are from Foundry.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45
ashmie
Wargod

Postby Primarch on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:52 pm

ashmie wrote:Image

Talos and the heroes of the Argo. Not bad for a days kit bashing.

Talos is from Crooked Dice and the heroes are from Foundry.

Awesome, I love the Talos. How about a unit of skeletons for your intrepid greeks to fight next?
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:34 pm

I've been working a bit on a unit of Aetherwings for my Stormcast (having done a quick points calculation, to get 1000 points my choice is either paint these or buy a box of Endless Spells - and while I want the latter, I can do the former without spending a dime):

They're still in the "need to bring back up the colors from the shading" stage, but more than that is the fact that the color scheme is a lot more macaw-ish than hawk-like. But eh, it's a 50-point filler unit so I can't be bothered to repaint or nothin'.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 91 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby YellowStreak on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:09 pm

After being away on a business trip for three weeks, finally got back to putting some paint on plastic. Working on finishing up my Beastman/Goliath gang for Necromunda by the weekend as I'm off the the UK mid-next week and will be taking them with me to get some games in with an old friend.
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby Konrad on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 pm

@TOD "Macaw! Macaw!" I think that should be your battle-cry.
I have been painting like crazy these days. Took some days off for my kids's sports days, which got rained out, so they turned into painting days. In the middle of another 3 day weekend right now, so more painting. Not for me, all that big Moorish Saga project for a buddy. Feel like I'm in the grove (a very slow groove. What was the slow speed on an old record player 35rpm?) These last few years I've been more into the kit-bashing and sculpting end of things and painting was sort of a chore. I'm going to try and finish off a couple of cavalry today (I did enjoy painting horses actually. ) and get the spear men primed and ready to go for next week. And work a macaw in there somehow.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Previous

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント