What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: What did you do today.

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:33 pm

thanks, folks.

@Jye - I only played one game so far, but they kinda ran away with things a bit vs orruks. The archer snakes were really hard to deal with, and crit hits were near lethal every time.

@Dave - never heard of her, but I'll take a look. The colour scheme was pinched from the kinda ghosty things that I can't remember the names of from Darksiders (the first one, although I think they're in the second one, too. Can't speak for the third as I haven't played it.)

@Prim - righty. That's my Mollog's colour scheme decided, then :D Mollog, Time Raveller, perhaps?
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:59 pm

Dana's Real Good (TM). I mostly follow her on twitter (@dana_howl) but she recently launched a YouTube channel too. Lots of glazing, lots of bright pastel color schemes:

Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted [unpainted] in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 [6] Infantry, [a bunch of terrain]
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 58 [62] Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 6 Knights

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:24 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:59 pm
Dana's Real Good (TM). I mostly follow her on twitter (@dana_howl) but she recently launched a YouTube channel too. Lots of glazing, lots of bright pastel color schemes:

Those look sweet. As in Willie Wonka Everlasting Gobstopper sweet. I'm thinking watermelon with a dash of blueberry, strawberry and bubblegum.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:25 am

@ToD - Very pretty!

Today I undercoated a bunch of minis and got started on my test pieces for my American War of Independence Continental troops. Still loads to do before they are finished, but once they are done, I should have a plan for how to approach the ever increasing number of Virginians that are building up on my hobby table. :D
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:16 am

I almost finished up the Eyes of the Nine last night - just the boss to go, and I'm planning what should be a pretty straightforward paint job on him (knock on wood). Then I hope to get in on the banshee warband from Dreadfane.
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:22 pm

Today I actually (briefly) read through the new eldar rules in the phoenix book. Blimey, some of those are quite nice, actually. Custom-building your own craftworld, for example, is cool, as is having a choice of Exarch powers. It's shame you have to choose between those and having Ynnari (just cos I want to use both my eldar-as-fancy-pants and as yet unpainted Ynnari models) but still, it's a pretty nice book, all things considered. Now all I have to do is write a list and paint all the (no doubt many and varied) missing parts. Still, I have time*, so should be fine :)

*ahahahahahahHAHAHAHAH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh, the lulz...
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:48 pm

@M_i_J - It's easy, 1 painted model = 1 game on MtGA. You'll have 1,000 points done in no time. :D

Today I got my AWI test models done. Just some flock to add. I also had my first try of Contrast, (Guilliman Flesh), which I wasn't that impressed with. For the time I used to touch up the base coat from my slapdash painting and apply two thin coats of Contrast, I could have used my normal method of vallejo and a GW wash to get the same end result. It didn't take any longer, but I didn't feel like it offered much in the way of time saved either. But this was just my first experimental try with it. It may yet win me over.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:31 pm

Ok, maybe the blue is a bit too bright, but here are my first test pieces for my American Continental army.
Just another....(does a quick count)... 130 or so to go.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:35 pm

I think blue (and red) for Revolutionary War uniforms is about on par with feldgrau for having to worry about color uniformity - looks fine to me!

I finished up the Eyes of the Nine for Underworlds:

I just kind of wanted them done, so cut some corners, but they'll do. Next are the four banshees of Lady Harrow's Mournflight, which I've been thinking about how to paint all week so I'll spend some time on them. (Relatively speaking, of course. :lol:)
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:20 pm

Me again! I finished up the first of four banshees for Lady Harrow's Mournflight for Underworlds:

The Sado-Masochism banshee! Er, the Screaming Maiden! (This warband suffers from having 4 models that look more or less identical, so identifying initials on the bases are a must.) Lots of big more or less flat cloth surfaces, which I painted white, giving me four "things Dave isn't great at painting" failure points (at least she has no skin tones, so there's that), and the worst bits are carefully hidden at the back of this picture :lol: , but in the end it's a really cool model and the paint job turned out all right. Three more to go and then I'll have to think about what to tackle next.
-----

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”