What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What did you do today.

Post by job » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:10 am

@ Konrad: WOW! That just looks fantastic. I live the mural of Gork (or hat Mork?) on the side. And the weathering and tarnishing effects look great. I hope Da Herd gets an opportunity to storm these ramparts.
Models Painted, 2019
32 28mm miniature
1 walker

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:02 pm

I'd been squirreling away a bit of money to get the latest Underworlds warbands if they were released before my next payday, and my next payday is on the day GW opens up again, so I used that money to get the Nighthaunt box for WarCry, which will be my next little project. For some reason I'm most excited about the faction-specific tokens, which are very nice. :lol: I'm not excited about all the gap-filling I'll be doing over the weekend, but eh.

Speaking of, if anyone wants to buy or trade for 4 Myrmourne Banshees, let me know. I have some from Underworlds and certainly don't need 8. They're very nice models if you like spooky ghoses!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2020:
AoS-iverse: 82 infantry
40K-iverse: a whole mess of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:22 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:02 pm
Speaking of, if anyone wants to buy or trade for 4 Myrmourne Banshees, let me know. I have some from Underworlds and certainly don't need 8. They're very nice models if you like spooky ghoses!
I was going to put my hand up but then I figured out *why* you have 8 :lol:

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:53 am

The Other Dave wrote:

I need some spooky ghosts! Boo!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:23 am

Konrad wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:53 am
The Other Dave wrote:

I need some spooky ghosts! Boo!
Let me know next time you're coming to the Nagoya day and I'll bring them along!
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:57 am

I spent last night and this morning assembling and gap-filling some spooky ghosts for WarCry. I fear my gap-filling game is still not up to scratch, but I did get some sanding sponges the other day at plamojuku which hopefully helped - the proof is in the pudding, as they say, and I won't know for sure until I prime them up tonight (weather permitting).
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:09 am

If you’re gap filling, milliput is absolutely the way to go. Its water-solubility makes it so easy to smooth out onto the base surfaces.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:52 am

I've been using Vallejo's putty, which is also water-soluble - I'd actually had trouble with it before (on my banshees) when I soluble-d it too much and left the gaps too gappy. I *think* I've got it sorted for this latest batch of ghosts, but we'll see.
-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:02 pm

So, my little painting challenge finished last week. I still have a few minis that I painted that I haven't shared yet, so here they are.

Some Royal Marine Commandos for WW2 in Burma.

Some oddly painted 15mm US Airborne, (The challenge task called for an alternate universe force in 15mm) and a mech.

And what I was planning to enter in the NH2020 painting event. A small diorama.
The title is "The Death of Napoleon. No, Not That One..."
Most of you are no doubt somewhat familiar with the exploits of one Napoleon Bonaparte and his efforts to unite all of Europe in one glorious, harmonious Empire. After his defeat, his name is absent from history except for notes of his passing. However, he did have a family and they still played some part in French history. His nephew eventually became Napoleon III, Emperor of France until his defeat at the Battle of Sedan and subsequent exile in Great Britain.
Napoleon III died in 1873 leaving one heir, Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte, the Prince Imperial. Born in 1856 he trained with the British army as a soldier, serving with the Royal Artillery. A noted rider and fencer, he was eager for action and used his family's influence in the royal court to secure himself a place in the British reserves sent to South Africa to reinforce Lord Chelmsford after the Isandlwana debacle. Technically assigned as an observer to the relief force, he was reminded not to do anything rash and to remember his family and political party back home in France.
Of course, being a young man desperate for action, he immediately went and did something rash. When on a reconnaissance patrol, he and his party stopped for a rest at a Zulu homestead where they were ambushed by a group of Zulu warriors. The British party made a dash to escape, but the Prince's horse bolted before he could mount, dragging him along for 100 yards before the strap he was clinging to snapped. Alone and unable to escape his pursuers, the Prince turned to fight. When his body was recovered, he had 18 stab wounds, all to his front. A testament to his unwillingness to surrender or to flee.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300,
in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:09 am

Nice stuff! You've been on a tear this year as well.

Speaking of spooky ghosts, here's some Glaivewraith Stalkers in all their vaguely Time Bandits-ish glory, mostly for WarCry but kind of just to have something to paint:

I used the "proto-Contrast" Nighthaunt Gloom technical for the blue bits, and while it doesn't really behave as nicely as a Contrast paint does (it wanted some drybrushing after application) it still beats the way I painted the Thorns of the Briar Queen the old fashioned way. I'm really finding that many years of "all Vallejo all the time and I mix my own colors too" snootiness left me out of the loop on a lot of nice developments in paint technology. :lol: I'll be buying Nuln Oil next instead of mixing my own, just watch me. (I am still trying to figure out how to do a nice rust, though.)

I'll do the grim reapers unit next, more or less the same way.
-----

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”