What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What did you do today.

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Yeah, black and yellow is not very forgiving, sorry. :oops: :lol: Still, as long as it's all got paint on!

My package from my sister arrived yesterday, so now I own Blitz Bowl and can paint up some humans, orcs, and undead for that. Half-sized teams of 6 or 7 models is just my bag too. Also I'm stripping the chaos lord and black legionnaires from Blackstone because they didn't turn out as well as I'd have liked initially, and sort of putting off my final three bases of nurglings.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2020:
AoS-iverse: 98 infantry
40K-iverse: 90 infantry, 2 vehicles, a whole mess of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:55 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:19 pm
Yeah, black and yellow is not very forgiving, sorry. :oops: :lol: Still, as long as it's all got paint on!
Heh well I got a gorgeous bunch of minis at a bargain basement price, so I shouldn't complain! Just popping them off their bases now, did you want them back, or failing that does anyone else need a bunch of slightly glue marked clear square bases?

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:32 am

No worries, I've still got dozens and the only thing I imagine I'd need them for now is expanding either Advanced Space Crusade or Blackstone, both of which are pretty full up.
-----

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm

These fine fellows got some circles under their feet.

It is kind of a shame since it's not as clean as the clear plastic and doesn't have the property of going well with any terrain.

They sure are round though!

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:32 pm

Everyone in the TTS crew was busily hobbying today in preparation for tomorrow so I felt shamed into tackling the backlog a little bit :lol:

The Anchorite got a bad priming job, so I felt justified in giving her a fairly lazy paint job. Still another Anchorite and two normal Mortifiers so I have three chances to reassess that decision at least.

The ten other Scythes are based but aren't coming tomorrow, they're sweet models but Reivers and Hellblasters badly need an October Surprise to be worth actually carrying anywhere 😅

ashdevon
Warrior

Post by ashdevon » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:19 am

Thanks for the share Warlord Games. Much appreciated. I really enjoyed this project. Was a satisfying end to see they had posted my pics.

https://twitter.com/WarlordGames/status ... 14400?s=09
Historical minis have too many straps.
My eyes can only see so much.
Lockdown progress: One Prussian army completed after 9 years and one English Civil War project completed after 8.

Karantu
Veteran

Post by Karantu » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:14 pm

Since I'm officially over the 9th edition bump I finally managed to start painting that Warbringer titan that I build forever (a few months) ago and the airbrush helped with the base coats for sure. Unfortunately even cleaning base coats probably means I'm going to be even more reluctant to do any weathering. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to get it done to the same level as the rest of my titan legion and move on to the next project. Hopefully I'll get to field it sooner than later. At this rate I should have enough stuff to do decent demo games too.

Other than that, I finally got my magnets and finished off the flying bases my Tau vehicles. I still need to paint that Devilfish though...

Karantu
Veteran

Post by Karantu » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:23 am

The Warbringer is done to a "good enough for now" standard so its time to move on. Anyway here's a picture of it in its "final" form.

P.S. Writing with a paintbrush is not my forte.

Also I finally pledged my Warlord titan to the primordial truth.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:13 pm

@Jye - Is the sarcophagus on the front of the penitent engine part of the original kit or a conversion? It's a cool idea though and fits nicely with the grimdark aesthetic. If you're extra heretical you first get placed in an iron maiden and then you're strapped to the front of a walking death machine.

@Karantu - Your titans look very imposing, the dark red/blue scheme suits them.
If writing with a brush isn't your thing, you can get marker pens from most hobby stores branded as Gundam Markers. They make free-handing text much easier, however they run if you put varnish over them, so use them after the model is otherwise done.

No hobby stuff from me over the past week. I've spent the last few days reorganizing bits boxes, consolidating various WIP projects and having a bit of a resort in my hobby room. Hopefully this gives my hobby mojo a bit of a kick in the pants and I can start making some headway again. Lots of ideas kicking around, but no desire to pick up a brush recently.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300,
in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 am

I finally got over my State of the World Ennui last night (a fun day of gaming at plamojuku on Saturday helped!) and pretty much finished up the last of my nurglings. Then I want to paint my last two plague marines before getting into the Blitz Bowl teams.

For scrollwork I've taken to painting scratchy squiggles that look like they could be faded and weathered lettering from a distance but actually... aren't.
To be fair, it fits with my general "go to town with weathering" scheme on these guys, but it has saved me a lot of trouble trying to paint (or even write with gundam markers) actual nice-looking letters.
-----

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”