What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Dekana
Veteran

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Dekana » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:33 am

I painted up Ms. Vindicare today. Seems she's dragged her cape through the blood of some fresh xeno kill.
Next up is a gang of 30 veterans!

ImageImage
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:19 pm

@Dekana - Nice looking sniper. Is that a Raging Heroes mini?

I have also finished off a few models recently.

A German grenadier painted in greyscale.

And some figures for D&D.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Just to prove to myself and everyone that I do occasionally hobby, here is what I Did Today (well, over the past couple evenings, actually, but hey ho)...

1. I painted some orcs. Not finished yet, but progress is progressin'.

2. Assembled (and slightly converted) the Direchasm minis. Your opinions on the new elf heads would be most welcome.

3. Organised all of my Underworlds cards by release and warband. Every last damn one of em. Even broke down my constructed decks and everything. Ready for Direchasm! Rawr!

I also finished up a provisional first draft of an MtG commander deck for my youngest son, who is not super into Magic, but is not averse to a bit of stomping around and breathing fire all over things, especially when said things are 1/1 snake tokens belonging to his older brother's commander deck. Also, having Godzilla, King of the Monsters as your commander is just cool 8-)
https://archidekt.com/decks/970818#Noah ... aurus_deck
(Comments on the deck are most welcome, but be kind - Gruul Stompy is not my comfort zone.)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:20 am

Good hobby! (and I should break down my underworlds decks and organize too, come to think of it) I do like the head swaps on the high elves, although I didn’t mind the archer’s little hat on the original sculpt. I haven’t seen the sprues - were they straightforward to do?

As for me, I finished up half of the mini questoris knights for Titanicus I have on the bench (meaning 3 of 6) so I should have the whole unit done in a day or two.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2021:
Adeptus Titanicus: 16 Knights
40K-iverse: 9 infantry, 1 vehicle
Current backlog: 44 models in 13 lots

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:59 am

@Primarch: Yep, sniper-chan is from Raging Heroes too. Thankfully they're continuing to sell models even after the kickstarter, so I can pick up anything I missed initially.
And your tavern wench looks perfect for a D&D game!

I finished up the first squad of veterans after agonizing over their color scheme for awhile. I'm still not in love with it to be honest, but I think it will grow on me. Blue jumpsuit with a black/red skirt and metallic carapace armor (even though veterans don't get 4+ saves anymore...)

ImageImage
ImageImage
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:16 pm

My sayonara to 2020 figure is a count as Tauros from a 3d printed gaslands figure scaled for 28mm. Crusade is building up steam and I need more units for it.

M.

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:08 pm

I managed to squeeze in one last mini (my 325th) for 2020:

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:43 pm

Slambo is an awesome way to end a year! Nice work!
-----

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:30 am

And now for something completely different. Got a commission of Revolutionary War figs for a buddy. Going to start with the red coats. This is just a test rough to get warmed up. (I already fixed the button and trim, before you jump on me with ,"THE 17th had SILVER buttons!") There is about a dozen each of Redcoats, Colonials, French, Hessians (hats,hats,hats!) and Minutemen with handful of Iroquois (really looking forward to those) and a medieval cannon thrown in for his Saga collection.

...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:06 am

Finished up my first paint of the year (to be fair, started before year end), a banner of House Vyronii knights for AT.
(In which: Dave realizes that just one more box of questoris knights will allow him to field a 1500-ish point force of just knights.)
-----

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”