What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby Konrad on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:27 am

@TOD- Love those Cultists. Great casts. I wish I had time to do a Cult Army.
What I have had time for are VIKINGS! Whew.... Now back to the Diggachicks.

...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Legend

Postby Primarch on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:26 am

@Konrad - Great stuff! Tempted to do a few of your own by any chance?
@ToD - Looks like you're all set to begin the uprising.
@J-R - The Thousand Sons ship looks great. I like the flame effect.

I have some minis nearly done, just some flocking to do before I take some pictures.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby kojibear on Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:59 am

Just caught up on what everyone has been up to. This thread is so great for that. So much great work from everyone. :)

I Haven't been able to do much hobbying of late, but I got a toe back in the water on Sunday night. I got started on converting my Dark Age warrior box set into viking archers with the bows I kindly received from Prim. It is a bit of a challenge, but am happy with the 4 I done so far. 8 more to go, so I am a third of the way through - glass half full, eh!

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week.
kojibear
Legend

Postby Primarch on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:49 am

And I'm done for October.
28 more Anglo-Saxons.
17 British for Afghanistan (+1 which was already finished, but I redid the base).
2 British Half-tracks for the Guards Armoured Division.
1 Random D&D Giant-Man-Bat creature.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby ashmie on Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:44 pm

So....I've decided to take my work back underground.....to stop it falling into the wrong hands.
Evil Mastermind.
November 1st 2017
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.
Maggots Michael, you're eating maggots.
ashmie
Wargod

Postby Primarch on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:54 pm

@Ashmie - Good to see another painted mini from you. Can we expect some henchmen to go with this villain?
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:11 pm

So I did a (maybe) interesting thing today. A wee experiment, actually. My kids were wanting to paint, so while they were doing so, I figured it might be fun to see if I could finish a mini in the time it took them to do one. 45 mins later, this is the result:

It's a Bones mini, so no harm done, but tbh I reckon it's serviceable enough. I might try doing this every week or so and see if I can improve any. Also, in my defence, I was using an old mucky brush that I usually use for drybrushing, and was limited to the paints I had put out for the boys (dark blue, fuscia (now my youngest son's new favourite word), dark flesh tone, kalahari orange, ivory, mahogany, pale blue grey and yellow. Oh, and gold and silver, cos damn them kids love their metallics :roll:

Anyway, it was fun :)
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby AndrewGPaul on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:07 pm

I finished my Adeptus Titanicus sets - all six titans, plus the buildings:

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Postby Primarch on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:54 pm

@AGP - That's a nice looking collection of nostalgia you have there. :D
@M_i_J - 45 minutes? Wow, if that's what you can do with an old brush and some random colours... My hat is off to you sir. Very impressive.

Yesterday I took a trip down to Pikey's Secret Base and played a couple of games of Malifaux. My Hoffman crew (Guild) took on Pikey's Lilith crew (Neverborn) and then his Misaki crew (Ten Thunders). In the first game Hoffman's supercharged death-bots stomped a mudhole in Lilith, though Nekima was able to chop up Hoffman in exchange. To avoid meeting a similar fate, Nekima pushed the Guild constructs away, which allowed them to reposition for some schemes. In the second game, Misaki came out swinging, quickly killing my henchman and one of my constructs. However, she was unable to put down the Peacekeeper before it pummelled her into the ground.
In fairness to Pikey, it was his first game with Misaki and it was a fairly straight out of the box crew. Lilith had me sweating at times, a couple more high cards and she would probably have won. As it stands, Hoffman's crew is very tough and packs a fair amount of healing, armour and defense options while hitting very hard when they want to.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby YellowStreak on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:49 am

Not so much today as last Friday, Koji came over to my place to give Dead Man's Hand (http://www.greatescapegames.co.uk/dead-mans-hand) a go.

In the opening scene, a group of Koji's drunken ne'er do wells gunned down a stranger in the middle of the town street (although the stranger did take down one of his assailants in the process).

In the next scene, upon realizing the stranger was the Sheriff's cousin and a posse was bound to come after them, the Sugar Hill Gang decided to strike first at the deputies - ambushing them as they investigated the heinous crime. The deputies came off the worse for wear...

In the closing scene the conflict had escalated to all out war with the Sugar Hill Gang attacking the town of Goodwater and trying to rid themselves of all the local lawmen. An incredibly bloody gunfight saw the US Marshall's head quickly blown off; but the local Sheriff gun down one rascal and gut two others with his bowie knife before being killed. The lawmen eventually gained the upper hand with a 3 on 2 advantage when the Sugar Hill gang's gunslinger whipped out his sixgun and blew two deputies away (and almost killed the 3rd in the same action) -- unfortunately for the gunslinger, he caught some lead in guts for his trouble leaving just 2 men standing - one from each gang.
Casting aside their pistols, the last two men charged each other in the centre of main street and the villainous varmint came out on top...the last man standing in a town soaked in blood from the two 7-man gangs that started the fight...
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント