What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby me_in_japan on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:03 pm

I'm aware I havent posted here much of late. Nowt wrong, I'm just spending all my free time footering around the internet searching out Magic cards. It's not that theyre hard to find, I'm just rather enjoying winkling out the best deals on certain cards. On which note: Yahoo Auctions is an abomination against website design. Srsly. Just. Argh.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 9 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:55 pm

In addition to chugging away at Shadespire for the past few days, I've been assembling some nice scenery I picked up from TT Combat with a speech-contest-judging windfall:

(Anachronistic sigmarine for scale)

And very affordable, too - 5000 yen the lot, including shipping, for the generators and tanks. I'm slowly inching towards a nice dense 6 x 4 table's worth of terrain for 40K.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 38 infantry, 2 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Malifaux
I started a blog! https://chubugamer.wordpress.com/
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Miguelsan on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:41 am

You never can have enough generators, I have one I should start painting too.

Here is my figure of the week, started a lance on New Years and now the 1st one is finished sans the base as always.

M.
Miguelsan
Veteran

Postby Primarch on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:40 am

@ToD - Nice Sigmadude. Those generators look pretty cool too.

@Miguelsan - Ooh, Battletech. Nice.

Over the long weekend I got some more work done in my last unit for Dragon Rampant. I just need to apply some highlights to their skin and paint their hair and I'll be ready to varnish and base them.
I also went through my (embarrassingly large) pile of junked/damaged 40K minis and started repairing some of them. I have managed to resurrect a few marines, 4 dreadnoughts and a rhino so far. :D
I have also spent far too much time pricing up new 40K armies online. I still have no interest in 8th, but I am finding it more and more difficult to resist buying a large Heresy era force or maybe some Ad-Mech. :lol: It's been just over a week since I said I wouldn't start any new projects this year and already the cracks are forming in my resolve.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Miguelsan on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:44 pm

I managed to finish 3 more, and based the whole lance. Photos when the weather allows it.

M.
Miguelsan
Veteran

Postby me_in_japan on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:50 pm

I finally bit the bullet and bought a largish bundle of MTG cards (about 300)from tcgplayer the other day with the aim of completely completing a Draft Cube for Shadows over Innistrad*. It was about 80 bucks**, with 6 bucks on shipping. Then, this morning, I got 2 emails from them. First one says "blah blah Mr. Boyle, your order is dispatched". All good there. The next one says (and was written by a human) "Dear Mr. B, terribly sorry, but two of the cards you ordered were, contary to our stock listing, not actually in stock. So, we have refunded the money for them to you, and by way of apology we have credited you with 6 bucks that will cover the shipping should you decide to buy them from one of our partner stores." This would have been slightly vexing, were it not for the fact that the refunded cards were worth a grand total of 8 cents. Yup. Cents. So I got 6 bucks of credit over 8 cents of missed cards. TCGplayer, I shall be using you again for my Magic shopping needs :D (actually, to be fair I had every intention of using them again anyway, as they have far and away the cheapest and most comprehensive stock of cards in the world. The free shipping is just gravy.)

In non-MTG related news...well, actually, there isnt any. Been a bit obsessive recently :oops: Should really probably start getting some painting done, especially if I'm to bust out 10 counters/tokens for Prim's challenge, get my Death Guard painted in time for Naghammer, and there's the small matter of Spevna's throwdown involving getting a Titan painted. Best get me brushes warmed up...

*This means: 4 of every card in the set except "rare" ones, which are 1 of each. This all being minus the stuff I already had, of course.
**In case any of you are unfamiliar with Magic cards, this is peanuts compared to what I could be spending. Peanuts, I tells yer.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 9 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby ashmie on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:58 pm

2 Apes on horseback. One horse was a bit yellow as I tried to paint him like Sandy from Dogtanion.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 37
ashmie
Wargod

Postby ashmie on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:59 pm

MiJ :o

I thought you were band from Magic! Easy tiger.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

ashmie
Wargod

Postby ashmie on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Fantastic work Miguel and Other Dave. Nice generators!

ashmie
Wargod

Postby Primarch on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:50 pm

Last night I got the last of the paintwork done on my DR force. Basing and Varnishing to go before they are done though. I have an office party to attend this evening, so I doubt I'll be making any progress today.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント