What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby Primarch on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:34 pm

@Miguelsan - Nice mechs. I haven't played Battletech in ages, I kind of want to dig out my minis again.

@J-R - Some classic figures/ships there. Your fleets must be massive now.

@ToD - You seem to have your black/yellow skills down to a fine art now.

Last night I finished varnishing and flocking all of the minis I will need for today's gaming event. I'll try and take some pictures when they are on the table.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Miguelsan on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:10 am

Well more reasons to dig them out Prim.
Horrible photo tho. I really need to take more care while photographing my figures.

M.
Miguelsan
Veteran

Postby jehan-reznor on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:11 am

jehan-reznor
Champion

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Not quite knowing where to start on the surprising bigness of my Redemptor, I put together some barrels, and primed them up, along with my Khorne Blood Boys for Shadespire. We'll see whether I finish them or the Redemptor by next Sunday.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 38 infantry, 2 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Malifaux
I started a blog! https://chubugamer.wordpress.com/
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby kojibear on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:02 pm

A shame I had to miss the game event last Sunday due to work - hope all attended had a great time.

@ JR - Raging heroes do make some cool miniatures! Look forward to seeing them all painted.

@ToD - Good luck with the assembly and painting of the redemptor. Though I do believe the bigger they are, the...bigger guns they can carry. lol ;) What is the toughness and wounds of this monster dreadnought? I am still a bit of a fan of the look of the Leviathan dreadnought.
kojibear
Legend

Postby The Other Dave on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:30 pm

kojibear wrote:@ToD - Good luck with the assembly and painting of the redemptor. Though I do believe the bigger they are, the...bigger guns they can carry. lol ;) What is the toughness and wounds of this monster dreadnought? I am still a bit of a fan of the look of the Leviathan dreadnought.

It's a beast, although I was cheap and got the easy-build so the model itself was a snap. But T7, 13 wounds, with a Heavy 12 (!) gun on it. The Leviathan is very tempting, though, yeah - next time I have a whole bunch of cash to spare I'll probably get one, fluff (not only a successor chapter, but a nearly-destroyed successor chapter) be damned.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 38 infantry, 2 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Malifaux
I started a blog! https://chubugamer.wordpress.com/
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:17 pm

eh? whut? I posted here last night but...it aint there. Very odd. Hmmn. Conspiracy? Probably... :?

Anyway. As it happens I didnt do much hobbying today, so here's yesterday's update again :D

I basically painted the mega dread silver and started adding colour variance to some bits of it. This will probably take a few days, as even once I properly paint some armour plates it's still likely to be mostly metalwork, so I want to make the metalwork interesting. Here's the state it was in last night (which is largely the same as the current state, bar some rather snazzy copper bits, if I do say so meself)

incidentally, this is it sans mahoosive clanky engine block on the back and large toofy armour plate on the front. Currently detached for painty reasons.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 9 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Lovejoy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:43 am

Ooh, that’s a nice looking dread, MiJ..

Hobby wise, for me it’s mostly peripheral activity which doesn’t include painting or gaming, lately. I managed to pop into the recent event to pick up some resinmpirate ships from Prim, and witnessed a very cool
looking western skirmish game in the form of Dead Man’s Hand.

I’m mid-hobby room tidy (couple of bin-bags filled of old sprue bits and unwanted tat, but still looks like a bleedin’ bomb hit it), and I did make some purchases from the Evil Empire- the new Battle Companies book for Middle-Earth SBG, and the AM Codex.

My current job contract finishes end of March, so I’m also job hunting. I’m hoping to land something which will allow for free weekends and evenings to spend time with the family (and perhaps build up privates with a view to starting my own school in time), but we’ll have to see what’s available. So, if anyone knows of anything..yoroshiku ne. :)
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG
Lovejoy
Legend

Postby kojibear on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:09 pm

The Other Dave wrote:The Leviathan is very tempting, though, yeah - next time I have a whole bunch of cash to spare I'll probably get one, fluff (not only a successor chapter, but a nearly-destroyed successor chapter) be damned.

Yep, those Forgeworld models are hard on the wallet, eh!

Never damn the fluff, embrace it and embellish it! Maybe he was just on a sabbatical. ;)
kojibear
Legend

Postby job on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:57 pm

kojibear wrote:
The Other Dave wrote:The Leviathan is very tempting, though, yeah - next time I have a whole bunch of cash to spare I'll probably get one, fluff (not only a successor chapter, but a nearly-destroyed successor chapter) be damned.

Yep, those Forgeworld models are hard on the wallet, eh!

Never damn the fluff, embrace it and embellish it! Maybe he was just on a sabbatical. ;)

True, expenisve, but they are wonderful. Great center piece and having one or two really spices up the table with variety and depth. Personally, I'm expecting to order the Leviathan next week for my Fallen project.
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
job
Destroyer of Worlds

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント