What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby Primarch on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 pm

@M_i_J - Far be it from me to stand in the way of someone buying new hobby merchandise, but could you not just play with your Lorwyn cards?

No hobby stuff from me this weekend sadly. My better half has asked me to take the wooden shelves out of my room (to be replaced by metal racks eventually), as they are pretty old and she is worried about them getting a bit moldy in the long run. So I have decided to strip all of my shelves bare, sort out some of my junk, rebox stuff and generally have a major clean up. It's taking ages though, I seem to have quite a lot of minis. :shock:
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Konrad on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:10 am

Battling computers, my total ignorance of computers and the dee-lite that is Windows frickin' 10. Just about got things nailed down though.
Did get a rather productive Sunday afternoon of puttying in. Current project is 2 Diggachicks and a new dinosaur with 2 crew. Got one Digga done. The other down to the final touches. The dinosaur and crew are in the mid-stages. I hope to get it finished this winter vacation and then get into some terrain projects and see where the new Necromunda leads my fancy.
Speaking of new Necromunda, I finished paging through that summary I mentioned before and am looking forward to giving it a try in the new year.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby me_in_japan on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:44 pm

That's wierd. I swear I wrote this post already, but it's gone...

Anyway, once more unto the breach, I spose...

Nice work on the eschers, j-r. Makes me want to go down the underhive again sometime soon. As for me, I have managed to finish up those Valkyries that I've been working on. So, without further ado, here they are:

I can see from the pics here that the one thing I really need to sort out sharpish is my photography. It's wierd - the camera is decent, and the lens is a nice macro one, but try and take a picture of a whole mini, or god forbid, a whole team, and the focus goes to hell. I'll need to try a different lens and see how it goes. Anyway. Hope you like the pics.

ps, I just now finished playing the first hour or so of Resident Evil 7. As someone who has played all 7* of the previous main-game installments, plus both of the Revelations games, aaaand about 4 or 5 Silent Hills, I figured I'd enjoy another whirl on the ol' survival horror rollercoaster.

Jesus H Kerrrrist. The first hour of Resi 7 is more pant-widdle inducingly scary than all of those other games combined. Daayum. Not sure if I can face the rest of the game, tbh. Brrr.

*yes I realise it should be 6. There's one called "Code Veronica" which is actually part of the main timeline, and throws the numbering vexingly out of whack. Go figure. *shrug*
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby ashmie on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Merry Christmas guys. And a very happy painty new year to you.
I must have painted something like 7 models this year if that so am hoping to delve back in during 2018. I've had a very good year all in all. It was about time to. Got my health back to a comfortable, manageable level, got myself back to work and even went on a date this week with a girl I really like. Thanks for being there as always with your love and support. See you in the New Year x
Ash.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45
ashmie
Wargod

Postby ashmie on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:32 pm

@ MiJ Those are amazing! And you've improved again. Seriously well done mate. All the best :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45
ashmie
Wargod

Postby jehan-reznor on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:24 am

MIJ those are awesome!!
Which brand are those?
jehan-reznor
Champion

Postby Konrad on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:28 am

@MIJ - The Diggachicks approve.
I actually got one more done last night. I'll try and get some pics, but my best pictures are not half as good as your worst one.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby Primarch on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:38 am

@M_i_J - Nice work on those Blood Bowl Bombshells. They look fantastic.

@J-R - Your Badab forces are coming along nicely. Where did you get the transfers for the shoulder pads?

@Ashmie - Glad to hear things are going well.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:55 am

I'm almost done with this guy.

Just need to spruce up his medkit a bit - glowy red and green bits, and some white parts, maybe. Very Christmasy when you think about it.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 91 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント