What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:36 pm

Yesterday I finished up the two scrubby scrubs for the Shadespire Khorne warband, Arnulf:

And Targor (who wins the prize for "least inspired fantasy barbarian name"):

Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 51 infantry, 4 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:34 pm

@ToD - Scrubs for the Scrub God? Nice work on the minis, the skin came out looking pretty good.

Over the weekend I did some more work on my Saxons and on some objective markers, not as much as I would have liked, but I got a couple of hours in behind the brush.

I also got some exciting news from my neighbour. I'm to be the street manager (くみちょう) from April this year. Yay! :?
At the end of February my wife and I had been planning to take a short trip as we both have a 3 day weekend. Instead we have to attend a town meeting on the Sunday morning.
There will also be a meeting at the end of March (which may clash with the Fulford game) and again in May (which may clash with NagoyaHammer).
I can see this position being bad for my schedule already and I haven't even started it yet.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Konrad on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:43 pm

@JR- oh man....There is a ton of classic Kev White metal in there. Awesome.
I have not had much mojo lately. Sort of stalled on the final, final, final touches on the latest Diggachick project. Need to re-do an oyumaru mold and try again. Skulls, skulls, skulls, skulls..... Been building some Frostgrave treasure counters, but will not meet my January goal. I did make and print some "Ready" "Pinned" "Wound" and "Flesh Wound" counters for Necromunda. Still need to cut and glue.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby The Other Dave on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:46 am

Primarch wrote:@ToD - Scrubs for the Scrub God? Nice work on the minis, the skin came out looking pretty good.

Khorne cares not, and all that! These two are in the warband to get the blood flowing, from whatever source.

Thanks - skin is probably my least favorite thing to paint (hence lots of marines with helmets on) so it was... not fun exactly, but good for my painting to have to do some barbarian types up.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Miguelsan on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:40 am

Good looking Elysians.

also I see Celtos, Confrontation, Warzone, Necromunda. Quite a treasure hoard from the 90s

M.
Miguelsan
Veteran

Postby job on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:25 am

Primarch wrote:@ToD - Scrubs for the Scrub God? Nice work on the minis, the skin came out looking pretty good.

Over the weekend I did some more work on my Saxons and on some objective markers, not as much as I would have liked, but I got a couple of hours in behind the brush.

I also got some exciting news from my neighbour. I'm to be the street manager (くみちょう) from April this year. Yay! :?
At the end of February my wife and I had been planning to take a short trip as we both have a 3 day weekend. Instead we have to attend a town meeting on the Sunday morning.
There will also be a meeting at the end of March (which may clash with the Fulford game) and again in May (which may clash with NagoyaHammer).
I can see this position being bad for my schedule already and I haven't even started it yet.

Does it come with a hat? I think these things would go down better if it came with an awesome hat. (That or awesome vestments you could walk around town to signify your dignity.)
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:11 pm

@Prim - ganbarre! I'm sure it'll be, if not fun, at least educational. Probably.

@ToD - liking the barbarian types. What's that brown on Targor's left (our right) leg? It's a nice leathery effect.

As for me, I did very little painting fri-mon, due to business at home and general lethargy on my part. Today, however, I cracked on with more metal gubbins, the gun housings, and some armoured bits on the mega dread. Here he is so far, in all his nekkid glory (ie sans armour and, indeed, arms.)

2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Primarch on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 pm

@M_i_J - Fun or educational, it'll still be a shame if I miss NagoyaHammer. Nice work on the Dread, it looks pretty top heavy without it's arms and engine block.

Last night I spent my free time painting the bases on a load of objective markers. Still some drybrushing to do and some flock/tufts to add, but fingers crossed I can get them finished and photographed tonight.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:58 am

me_in_japan wrote:@ToD - liking the barbarian types. What's that brown on Targor's left (our right) leg? It's a nice leathery effect.

That's just the magic of Vallejo Smoke - the base coat is some shade of khaki or another, I forget exactly which. (These guys are relying very heavily on Smoke, as it's dead simple to splash it on pretty much any color and give it depth, and I don't really feel like spending a whole lot of time on them.)
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:57 am

@Prim - While I appreciate the neighborhood stuff is important, surely there must be times when people miss it? Like, for example, if they've organised a pretty large event with guests travelling from many prefectures booked about a year in advance? I mean, it's not just that you're going, you're the organiser. No Prim = No Nagoyahammer (regardless of the practicalities of getting someone else to handle it, this is your baby). Tell them that the whole thing will collapse without you. Surely the neighborhood types, depending on how many of them there are/level of importance, could either reschedule the meeting (if it's fairly local) or survive without you for the day? Or could you ask someone else to stand in for you? I dunno, it just seems ridiculously unreasonable for them to demand that you give up on something important to you. What if you were (genuinely) sick? Would they come drag you out of your bed?

Don't get me wrong - I've been in similar situations myself, and I understand how difficult it can be to extricate oneself from them, but this social expectation that nothing exists in people's lives that could possibly be more important than arbitrary meeting #238 just flips my buttons every time. GRaaaaah!*

*for context, this kind of crap used to happen to me all the time at work. I may well be projecting a certain amount of residual angst onto your own, no doubt subtly different, situation. Don't mind me :D
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント