What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What did you do today.

Post by The Other Dave » Wed May 02, 2018 9:37 pm

Nice work on both of those - you're on fire!

Last night I pretty much finished my little squad of Scions to use as Acolytes for my Inquisitor - basically just need to do the lenses, highlight the grays and do the metallics.

[edit to add]...and done!

Giving ye olde Inquisitor a decidedly cooler-looking retinue. (That part of me is bugged that, while their weapon loadouts are now Acolyte-legal, Acolytes only get a Guardsman's 5+ save and 4+ BS, rather than the Scion's 4+ and 3+, but oh well. They're really just there to take wounds for the old man anyway.)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 33 Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 6 Knights

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Nice job to both Daves! :)

@MiJ - Quick and splogy to you, but icky sweet to the rest of us! ;) (Sweet means cool in kiwi lingo btw)

Just an curious question about Typhus - shouldn't his suit of terminator armor be more ancient? The back of the legs look like current versions. I guess even papa nurgle makes sure his sons are out and about in the latest rags! ;)

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri May 04, 2018 2:57 pm

kojibear wrote:Just an curious question about Typhus - shouldn't his suit of terminator armor be more ancient? The back of the legs look like current versions. I guess even papa nurgle makes sure his sons are out and about in the latest rags! ;)
The newer sculpt has him more unambiguously in Cataphractii pattern terminator armor, which was widely in use during the Heresy and oh god I can't believe I know this. :lol:
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri May 04, 2018 4:29 pm

@kbear - yeah, pretty much what ToD said. I believe that when that version of Typhus was released they hadnt actually nailed down stuff like Cataphracti armour and the various details of the Heresy that we now take for granted. So, he's basically in Terminator armour with bitz on.

I finished another chap today - my rather old yet hitherto unpainted CSM lord with lightning claws. The paintjob does leave summat to be desired (but I did try to do slosh in his backpack) but I remain rather pleased with the conversion, despite it now being a good few years old.

aaaaaaarrrrgh.braaaiiiiiiinnssssssssss...... :mrgreen:
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 pm

Did some repair work on odds and bobs and fought off the urge to try and crank out another half dozen Squatorks for Nagham. Finished this guy.
-knockknock-
"Who's there?"
"Maniac with an axe."
"That's not funny."
Been thinking of ways to render more common hand tools into instruments of menace and terror.
Hedge clippers, tire irons, any suggestions?
@MIJ and TOD, lovely stuff. Slosh,slosh, it's the little details. Lovely tank, much more interesting than Leman Russ with tentacles. Forge World?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat May 05, 2018 4:44 am

Great work all round guys.

The other day I finished off a unit of Colonial British Infantry.

And Pikey came over on Wednesday to give them a test drive. We played two games, one of us took the Zulu army and one the Brits, then we switched. I got badly mauled in both games. :cry:
Some shots taken after the game.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Sat May 05, 2018 5:20 am

Other than keep working on my terrain I got trounced on Wednesday too by 1000 Sons. I really need to read the rules slowly. The no more meltabomb when in CC with a Demon Engine is blegh!
Currently trying to complete an industrial trash dump.

M.

Edit1. Good job eveybody that's finishing stuff unlike me.
Edit2. Konrad I want a game against your squatty orks!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun May 06, 2018 3:41 am

Continuing my habit of being a month out of sync with Prim's Gauntlet threads, I made a wall for Shadespire today:

-----

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun May 06, 2018 4:55 am

@the Mad Spaniard- It would be a pleasure to do battle with real, true Guard and a man who still calls them I.G. But expect to table me in about 3 turns. My collection is all toys and no boys.
@Dave- nice one. I so want to make a big box of Frostgrave terrain. When I made my walls, I used the un-papered foamboard and carved the bricks in with an old ball-point pen. For the bits I wanted to look like the stucco had fallen off, I sort of teased the edges surrounding the bricks up a bit with the corner of a steel rule or dull side of a cutter or something.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Sun May 06, 2018 6:56 am

I finished shading and drybrushing my vehicles.
Today, I'm thinking up some innuendo-heavy vehicle names and searching google for smutty silhouette images to use as decals.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”