What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby Konrad on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:23 am

I used to drive forklifts at my old job. It's fun! zoom! vreeeee hmmmmmm (those are hydraulic noises) with the occasional CRASH!

Finally got the last of the Naga of the set to a presentable finish. Lots of it is rougher than I like and it's the 4th head (I give up) so jobs a good 'un.
Google "Ursula Graham Bower" for some interesting history. And yes, certain liberties have been taken in this portrayal.

...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby Primarch on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:24 am

Just got back from my holidays and I find Konrad's latest masterpieces waiting to greet me. :D
Awesome work, they all look fantastic.

We'll have to arrange a time for me to collect them and pay you for your hard work.

Thank you for all the effort you've put in.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Primarch on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:46 pm

I spent my first day back behind the brush after my holiday and got a fair amount done. Nothing finished yet, but expect to see some minis for Bolt Action and D&D appearing here in the next couple of days. :D
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:14 am

I've spent pretty much all my painty time of late painting up a commission, which I have (pending commishnah's approval) just finished. Once I get the OK, I'll post some pics. Other than that I've spent waaaaaay too much time playing Magic:Arena (which is very good, btw) and today I spent pretty much the whole time out in the garden picking up the pieces post typhoon. Also, no power in the house from 1:30am to about 3:00pm. Ooooh, you shoulda heard the wailing of the children: "whaaaaaat? You mean I have to just play with my toys and read books? No TV or video games? But it's the weeeekeeeeend!!!"

seriously, however did we all survive our own childhoods in the dark ages of pre-netflix and playstations? :lol:
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:19 am

me_in_japan wrote:seriously, however did we all survive our own childhoods in the dark ages of pre-netflix and playstations? :lol:

I remember being bored a lot, to be quite fair. :lol:

I've basically spent the weekend poring over the kill team rules, seeing what kinds of kill teams I can put together with the models I've got (quite a lot, actually!), that sort of thing. I also chucked some tyranid warriors I bought back from Prim into the simple green so I can paint them up like the 'nids I have, for advanced space crusade and/or kill team.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 91 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:18 pm

This evening I finished off a few minis.

Some Yetis (Reaper Bones).
Some HG Division Germans for Italy.
Some D&D figures (More Bones).
Some Germans for Normandy.

And a quick WIP of some walls I am making for Kojibear.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:35 pm

I finished up these guys tonight, officially finishing the start of my AoS army:

Next is the bird-horse riders, who are the real stars of the show as far as I'm concerned - these fellas, nice as they turned out, are the "battleline infantry tax" I have to pay to field awesome bird-horse cavalry. :D
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:03 pm

Nothing finished yet, but I'm really liking the progress, so - I've been working for the past couple days on the first of my vanguard-palladors (I know, I know), starting with his gryph-charger. One of the nice things about a very elite force I'm in no particular rush to finish up is that I can spend more time than I usually do on individual models.

I've said it before, but I really really like these guys. And while I don't mind the weird blues and teals of the studio paint jobs on these bird-horses, I'm really liking how a more naturalistic paint job is shaping up.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:51 pm

@ToD - Nice work on the wierd horse. The natural tones work well.

Today I did some more work on my Kill Team for, er... Kill Team. The base coat is done and I've made a start on some of the details. No pictures though, I want them to be a surprise.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby YellowStreak on Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:49 pm

Went and played some Bolt Action at the Frontline Games (http://frontline-games.com/) open day near Dallas on the weekend. The mini-tournament they had running used a 'fog-of-war' condition that meant every table had 2 special order dice in the bag (different colour to the ones the players were using) and when these 2 dice were drawn, the turn ends immediately. It really led to some interesting game play and forced some tactical decisions you wouldn't normally have to make when you're confident all your stuff will get to activate. I'd recommend giving it a try if you're playing BA.
I was also speaking to the head of Warlord in the US for a bit, and he mentioned that the next big supplement for BA will be the Korean War. He's helping write the book, so we had an interesting discussion on the differences from WW2 and the similarities (given it was only 5 years after WW2).
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント