What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What did you do today.

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:05 am

These guys are finally starting to look like something:

My only gripe would be that the Palladors (like the guy on the bottom) have awesome dynamic poses, making the already pretty static Lord-Aquilor look positively statue-like in comparison. Maybe it's intentional? The whole mount-with-one-foot-up is an extremely formal pose. Anyway, I've been having lots of fun painting these guys and I'm pleased with how they're turning out so far.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 33 Infantry
Adeptus Titanicus: 2 Titans

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Spent the typhoon day getting a dent in that pile of lead. Actual lead. Real metal. What a pain to work with. I spent most of yesterday finishing up the set of 12 and got a couple others done. Then did a lot of prep work on the next batch. I'll go into more tedious detail once I get some pics.
@TOD- Squack!Neigh? What sort of noise do you think those things make? And hey, we'll put you in a suit of full plate armor and see how dynamic your poses are. I would be dynamically standing stock still. "Can't move my arms....too....heavy....help...."
@YS- Love the American Shield hero and the Rocketeers! I should read some Captain America comics.
@theMadmiral- Waaaaaagh! Now I'll have to make an even BIGGER dinosaur!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:10 pm

I haven't been up to much for the last few days, just assembling some random models as the mood takes me. Today I did some painting on my army for the upcoming Bolt Action event. The infantry are nearly done and the vehicles are coming along slowly.

I realise that I didn't share pictures of my Kill Team for Kill Team, so here they are in all their glory.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:54 am

@Prim- For me, nothing says "Grimdark" like a Chaos heavy weapon.
Here are some pics from Lead Mountain. This is all work for a buddy, so sorry, I won't be joining you all for SAGA any time soon.
Started off with a unit of Norman archers. Took a lot of work to prep and they are still fuggly. Sort of a chore.

The angry monks were much better sculpted and have much more character.

And these are half done. I took pics to show the work I did on the faces. The Viking walking his dog was quite interesting, but the dog's muzzle was sort of nose-less and there were not any actual feet. The legs were like posts in the ground. The Vikings face was pretty "Goonies" too. The Valk is not bad, but her face was a bit mis-matched. I noticed a lot of "Goonies" faces among the Normans. I sculpt my fair-share of goonies too, it's really hard not to, but dang guys.

...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:03 pm

@Konrad - Chaos? The Thousand Sons did nothing wrong. It's Russ and his band of mutts that should have been kicked out of the Imperium :lol:
Those Normans look like a real joy to work with.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Primarch wrote:@Konrad - Chaos? The Thousand Sons did nothing wrong. It's Russ and his band of mutts that should have been kicked out of the Imperium :lol:
Those Normans look like a real joy to work with.
Right, right, "Chaos" is such a demeaning term. The unenlightened always stick ugly labels on what they don't understand. The enlightened stick lots of spikes and skulls and leering gargoyles on the gun barrels of what they do understand.

I heard about this LOTR fan novel that was supposed to be really good, for a fan-fic thing. But in this version Mordor was the good guys. It was the realm with universities and medicine and science. It was the seat of trade with all the other kingdoms of the South. Rohan, just a bunch of marauders on horseback, Gondor, Constantinople at on it's last legs, the Elves, well that would be like in the books. A bunch of spooky magicians wasting their time moping about in trees who are all getting on boats and leaving anyways, so who cares?

But yeah, Thousand Sons all the way!

Working on these old-school figs from 2-guys-in-a-garage, companies (I assume) has really reminded me how far miniatures have come these last...30 years...... The last figures I painted that were not my own 1-guy-smooshing-putty-around, were FW resin and some of those Pantheon of "Chaos" (there they go again....) figures. Just cleanly cast, no pitting, hands with knuckles, no goonie faces (even the PoC "Chaos Thugs") ,lovely, lovely stuff. We have become spoiled with all this quality.
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:00 pm

@Konrad: Quality - I'm a fan! :D I'd say your modifications / corrections look pretty legit!

I finished up these three guys tonight:

They took a bit, but I'm really pleased with them.

I also went to prime my next batch of minis (a squad of crossbows, a mage and a hero for my Stormcast, and three new 'Nids for Kill Team) only to run out of spray about halfway in, so things are on hold until I get to the home center tomorrow.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 33 Infantry
Adeptus Titanicus: 2 Titans

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Nice Warchickens!

I haven't been up to much painting wise, but I did varnish my latest bunch of Germans for BA and I started assembling some Bretons for Saga.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:06 pm

I've been playing a fair bit of Magic Arena these past few weeks. Doing tolerably well in situations where I can pre-build my deck, but am getting slapped around in Draft. It's getting to the point I'm getting frustrated at my own lack of ability. Or maybe I'm just really unlucky. Yeah. That must be it :?

Painty-wise, I havent been painting, but I did assemble my titan (again). That counts, doesnt it?
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:59 pm

me_in_japan wrote:I've been playing a fair bit of Magic Arena these past few weeks. Doing tolerably well in situations where I can pre-build my deck, but am getting slapped around in Draft. It's getting to the point I'm getting frustrated at my own lack of ability. Or maybe I'm just really unlucky. Yeah. That must be it :?

Painty-wise, I havent been painting, but I did assemble my titan (again). That counts, doesnt it?
Magic Arena is the replacement for Duels I assume? How is it?

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”