What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby AndrewGPaul on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:00 am

me_in_japan wrote:I'iiiiiim, gonna go out on a limb and assume those are for Adeptus Titanicus, yes?

Because if not.... :shock:

Also, is that your paintjob/schnazzy background poster thingy? If so, bloody good show old chap. Very nice indeed :)

Yes, Adeptus Titanicus. Even I'm not daft enough to throw £5,000 at Forge World in one go (over the years, though ...)

Primarch wrote:Awesome stuff. I thought that had been lifted from a Forge World book at first glance.

good; the effect worked, then. :) I got the background page from a hooky PDF of one of the FW books.
AndrewGPaul
Champion

Postby Auxryn on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:11 am

Today I assembled my new terminators from the 'Space Marine Heroes' bikkuri bako line. I'm missing the cyclone missile guy but I have extras for the Captain and power claw guy.

There are more boxes at the Yellow Submarine in Kamimaezu. You could also trade with/buy from me of course!
Auxryn
Champion

Postby Primarch on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:03 pm

@Konrad - Awesome minis. I love the text on the side of the cross. Was that originally part of the model or is it a Konrad original?

@ToD - Have fun at Chez Spevna.

Well, today I finished off some Japanese for Bolt Action.
Oops looks like the glue under the bush wasn't fully dried.
And a close up of the command figures.

I also finished a command base for Black Powder. A Proud American Patriot and his Pooch.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Primarch on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:52 pm

#Tumbleweeds blowing past#
Wow, sure is quiet around here. Busy week huh?

Over the past couple of evenings I have managed to sneak in a little painting time. The current batch of Arabian troops I am working on continue to grind slowly towards completion. In addition I have started to repaint some Infinity minis. Originally I painted them years ago for a friend, who wanted to use them for RPG's. He left them loose in a box, with no padding or wrapping. As you'd expect from metal minis, the paint chipped like crazy and some limbs detached :o . Last month he asked me to repair them, so they are all getting repainted as I can't match the original colours exactly. :cry:
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby YellowStreak on Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:26 pm

I've been painting up my Aussies for Bolt Action (finally finishing them off!), adding a howitzer, Stuart tank and a Papuan Native squad, just in time to use them tonight. I also picked up a copy of Sharp practice recently and am on the fence about starting a new historical project - probably either ACW or AWI....
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby Primarch on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:32 pm

YellowStreak wrote:I also picked up a copy of Sharp practice recently and am on the fence about starting a new historical project - probably either ACW or AWI....

#Cough# Look up #cough# :lol:

Does Sharp Practice use single basing or multi-basing for models?

Looking forward to seeing those Aussies. :D
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby YellowStreak on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Primarch wrote:
YellowStreak wrote:I also picked up a copy of Sharp practice recently and am on the fence about starting a new historical project - probably either ACW or AWI....

#Cough# Look up #cough# :lol:

Does Sharp Practice use single basing or multi-basing for models?

Looking forward to seeing those Aussies. :D

Yes I saw your excited fellow and his mutt. You sure you didn't mean to paint an Englishman? ;)
Sharp practice can use either. If i do something, i'll likely base them like we based the vikings for flexibility.

I'll take some photos of the Aussies and post them later. They were successful in their first trial against a late-war German force with a StuG and a Puma. Despite my lack of anti-tank (a Stuart, a medium mortar and a flamethrower was all that could hurt them), the Stuart managed to get a few pins on the Puma and the engineering squad with the flamethrower managed to finish it off as the Puma moved up very aggressively! The Germans small squads (3 x 5 man squads with 2 LMGs each); while throwing out a lot of dice; proved to be glass cannons as accurate rifle fire from my Papuans and Aussie regulars pretty much killed 2 squads to a man, and the last squad got wiped in close combat by my smg-wielding 3-man jungle scout squad.

The StuG got lured away from my main force by a decoy squad and got hung up trying to wipe them out as they went down every turn. It didn't all go my way, as my MMG squad and sniper both got wiped on the first turn before i'd even pulled a die, but things improved from there!

It was my first chance to use the new Australian list in the New Guinea campaign book. Good fun!
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby Primarch on Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:34 am

YellowStreak wrote:Yes I saw your excited fellow and his mutt. You sure you didn't mean to paint an Englishman? ;)

No, I meant to do an American. (Though at that time he could well be an Englishman, a Scot, or any other type of European ex-pat). Rather than collecting all of one side or the other, the plan is for Job and myself to do some units from both sides.

Congratulations on your Aussies victory over what sounds like a list full of cheese. I think one of you was on the wrong continent though. :lol:
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:50 pm

nice work from all above :)

I finished up an eldar (sorry, Asuryani :? ) squad for Kill Team, so here's a pic:

I'm currently working on...(dundunduuuuuun) a sigmarine.

Well, who woulda ever thunk it? Not me, certainly. I'm rather taken with Shadespire, as it happens. I've been playing it (well, GMing it, actually) with my kids, and it goes pretty smoothly. Also, when a game that professes to take half an hour per game actually, really does take half an hour, when playing with a 5 and 6 year old, then you know it's some pretty decent game design. I'm already eyeballing a new gang for it, and I aint even painted the two I have. Not much different there, then, I suppose... :roll:
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント