What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby job on Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:11 pm

It’s taken me some time to finish this Battalion but I finally got about to adding the flag. A third battalion of legere and an engineer detachment ready to join my fictitous 53rd Division.

Models Painted, 2018
2 28mm
3 Robots
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:17 pm

@Job - Well done. Another unit cleared from the backlog and ready for the front lines.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Primarch on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:07 pm

Over the weekend I assembled a couple of pieces of MDF terrain for Infinity/TNT/SF games. Yesterday I did some more work on a unit of Gurkhas for Bolt Action and started on a handful of random mix of minis.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Primarch on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:03 am

I had a day off today, which I spent mainly on hobby stuff. I assembled some more MDF terrain, got the painting finished on my Gurkhas and another mini for my Arabian army. I made some headway with some Reaper minis and undercoated a pile of figures. Hopefully tomorrow I can keep being productive and get the Gurkhas varnished so that I can get on with doing their bases.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:37 pm

I painted the first coat of yellow trim on a couple Stormcast - that's something! Man, my hobby mojo has just been shot this past month or two - stupid work. :lol:
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 91 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:48 am

The Other Dave wrote:I painted the first coat of yellow trim on a couple Stormcast - that's something! Man, my hobby mojo has just been shot this past month or two - stupid work. :lol:

You can do it! がんばって!
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Primarch on Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Well, not a bad day today hobby-wise. I got all of the current batch of minis varnished and applied sand/texture to their bases. Since that batch was unavailable while the glue dried, I made a start on my second force for Dragon Rampant. All the armour/weapons/metal parts on 38 minis was painted and washed, so once they are dry I can move on to blocking in the main colours.
Hopefully everyone else had a fun filled day too.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Other Dave on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:39 am

I still haven't been painting much, but I did put my order for Blackstone Fortress in, heh.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 91 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Some of my recent work.
A squad of 10 Gurkhas and an officer.
A Cyborg Kill Team. Not for the game Kill Team, just a team who really enjoy killing things, y'know, as cyborgs do.
A Lamassu or Shedu for my Arabian army.

I have also been busy preparing some models for a small skirmish game of my own devising. I had originally planned to use A Fistful of Kung Fu by Osprey Games, but while I like the concept and some of the ideas the game has, I'm not really taken by the system (Yet another variant of Songs of Blades and Heroes).
So, here are the figures I have been preparing for a skirmish game based around terrible, direct-to-video, b-grade action flicks. (Some of the minis have fine particles of sand stuck to them which I need to brush off. I missed them in my rush to get them photographed).

First up, the hero.
Donnie Chen: Super Cop.
He's a loose cannon who plays by his own rules, and if those pencil pushing desk jockeys down at city hall don't like the way he works, they can try cleaning up the city streets themselves.

And his sidekicks.
Betty Nelson: Ace Reporter.
With a nose that can smell a story a mile away, Betty is always getting herself into trouble. Luckily, she can usually cope with the worst that's thrown at her thanks to her keen intellect and the 9mm revolver she keeps in her bag.

Sister Mary O'Grady: God's Judgement.
Sister O'Grady runs the local orphanage, but since some gangsters started a shoot-out on her doorstep she's decided to hasten them on their way to face divine judgement.

Lincoln Washington: American Ninja.
After the headstrong Mr. Washington ran his car off the road, he thought he'd never walk again. But, after he received a blood transfusion from a mysterious old man, he awoke with mystical Ninja powers.

And the villain.
Takashi Katano: Yakuza Crime Lord.
Takashi is only interested in two things, money and power. He'll stop at nothing to get both and won't let anyone get in his way.

His Henchman
Dai Maru: Disgraced Sumo.
After being caught rigging a Sumo match, Dai fled to the big city. There he rents out his muscle to the highest bidder.

And his Minions
Mr. Chairo, Mr. Ao and Mr. Kiiro: Hitmen for Hire.
There's no job too dirty, no deed to unseemly for these thugs. From Arson to Zoological Fraud, the three of them have done it all.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Primarch on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:55 am

So... have people just given up on commenting or is my painting really that bad? :lol:
It does seem to be pretty dead around these parts though. Work and families eating up valuable hobby time I guess? :D

I haven't been up to much since the last batch of minis got finished. I put down some basing materials on a bunch of figures and cleaned up a couple of minis ready for priming. Hopefully I can get some real painting done this evening. I want to make some progress on the minis currently clogging up my workbench.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント