What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: What did you do today.

Postby Primarch on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:28 pm

Miguelsan wrote:Returning to work did curtail my productivity but I managed an Enforcer Pathfinder almost done (needs base) 4 more nearly there and I'm working on Mantic's star character Blaine.

Edit: Finally a photo.

A nice, orderly looking painting desk there. :D
Good work on the minis. Mantic's SF models look ok, are they multi-part kits or monopose?

Last night I put the finishing touches (flock) on some minis for the painting challenge. I should get pictures posted there this evening and I'll get them put up here by the weekend hopefully.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Miguelsan on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:17 pm

Thanks Prim for the compliment a bout my desk :lol:
The Warpath plastics come in multipose unlike the old Deadzone ones and having both it's quite an improvement. The Big models, or the metal ones, are not really multipose unless you get into shaving bits and rebuilding a lot.

M.
Miguelsan
Champion

Postby The Other Dave on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:26 pm

Did a quick two-night job on the spindle drones from Blackstone Fortress:

I went over the rubble bits on their bases with gray so they blend in less with their legs and more with the boards. None of the other models should have this kind of a problem, it's just that the spindle drones are very, well, spindly.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 20 Infantry
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:01 pm

nice colours on the drones. Effectively alien looking. Also, those floor tiles for Blackstone are luvverly! I hadnt really noticed them before, but I like em a lot.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Primarch on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:46 pm

@ToD - Definitely liking those drones. As M_i_J says, nice colour choice.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby kojibear on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:20 am

@ToD - Agree with the others. I would not have thought of that colour scheme. Nicely done! The yellow eyes work well with the violet, too, being opposite one another on the colour wheel.
kojibear
Legend

Postby Konrad on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 am

Purple drones! The Pike will be happy! It's much easier to paint than yellow and black isn't it? :D

I juuuuust about have the big Moor project done. A few odds and bobs and job's a good 'un, if God wills it. Will try and put some pics up this weekend.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby The Other Dave on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:28 am

Thanks, all - they're actually a bit purplier than I was aiming for, but the line between "clean white ceramic with a hint of color" and "Mike the Pike" is apparently a thin one to tread. :lol:

@the NMM chat from last page - like MiJ says, it's not really as hard as the mythology surrounding it suggests, just (well, "just," but still) greys or yellows with extreme shadows and highlights. It's when you start going for a chrome look and painting in horizon lines and skies that things get insane. That said, metallic paints these days are so much better than they were 15 or 20 years ago that the need to use the technique to get "realistic" looking metals is much less than it used to be IMO - unless, again, you're going for a high-chrome look, which is really hard to replicate with metallic paints and tends to show the true size of the model to boot.
-----
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby YellowStreak on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:50 am

Nice work ToD. I am tempted by Blackstone, will have to see if there's much interest in Texas. I am participating with my SoB in a narrative 40K game day when i get back. Now I just have to try and remember the rules....haven't played 40K since before i left Japan!
On the painting table:
Bolt Action Narvik Army
Necromunda Gor-liaths
Walking Dead Survivors/Zombies
Zombicide base set (so many zombies!)
Test of Honour Samurai
Rangers of Shadow Deep Rangers+Monsters
Astral Hams BigMarines
YellowStreak
Legend

Location: The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap), Deep in the heart of Texas

Postby The Other Dave on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:07 am

YellowStreak wrote:Nice work ToD. I am tempted by Blackstone, will have to see if there's much interest in Texas. I am participating with my SoB in a narrative 40K game day when i get back. Now I just have to try and remember the rules....haven't played 40K since before i left Japan!

Have you picked up Chapter Approved for the beta codex? It looks pretty juicy!
-----
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント