What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Primarch » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:09 am

@ToD - Good knight! :lol:
The green and white look good together, and the weathering and heraldry really bring it to life.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:35 am

And here's both! I dig 'em.

I've really fallen in love with heavy weathering as an alternative to edge highlighting. :lol:

On the table now I've got the gryph-hounds and the Tzeentch warband for Shadespire, then when I'm in the UK I'll probably pick up a third Reaver (because I play Gryphonicus and they can get a lot of 'em), plus a Warcry warband to paint up - the creepy realm-of-death ones should hit stores the week I'm there.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted [unpainted] in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 [6] Infantry, [a bunch of terrain]
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 58 [62] Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 6 Knights

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:35 am

Nice work on the Knights ToD! Big robots are cool anytime, and well painted ones are even cooler! :D I just wish it was cool outside. :( So hot!

31 in Glasgow you say MiJ? Wow, somebody is playing with the world's axis! :shock:

@Yellowstreak - 45, eh? I hope that is a dry heat. lol

YellowStreak
Legend
Location: The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap), Deep in the heart of Texas

Post by YellowStreak » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Got a game of BA in recently with my Aussies taking on a Japanese army - was great to play a Pacific themed game at last! 750 points per side using a scenario from the New Guinea book, my opponent did have a Sōkō Sagyō Ki (装甲作業機) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C5%8Dk% ... y%C5%8D_Ki -- which is a crazy flamethrower tank.
It was a bloody battle filled with desperate banzai charges and close assaults, but I ended up tabling my opponent on turn 7. I was left with a MMG team of 1 man (who passed a -5 morale check on the last turn with snake eyes), a lone sniper who had survived being charged by the enemy officer in close assault, an ATR team and 3 regular soldiers from the last squad who outfought the final Japanese close assault.
A desperately close battle that went to the wire!
We're planning on playing through more New guinea scenarios, and i'll take some photos next time!
On the painting table:
Bolt Action Narvik Army
Necromunda Gor-liaths
Walking Dead Survivors/Zombies
Zombicide base set (so many zombies!)
Test of Honour Samurai
Rangers of Shadow Deep Rangers+Monsters
Astral Hams BigMarines

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:06 am

@YS - Sounds like a fun game.

Today I managed to pry myself away from MtG:Arena and do some proper hobbying. I applied basing material to about 50 minis and did a little painting on some dwarves.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:14 pm

@YS - very cool. I still think sometimes about throwing together two platoons in 15mm to do Guadalcanal or something.

Yesterday I went up to plamojuku in Ichinomiya for a day of Underworlds and Blackstone, which was fun, and picked up a box of the Cypher Lords for WarCry because I had 6000 yen burning a hole in my pocket I guess. :D
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted [unpainted] in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 [6] Infantry, [a bunch of terrain]
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 58 [62] Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 6 Knights

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:56 am

@ ToD: Nice mini knights. Great paint scheme.
@ All hobbling in the summer heat: 頑張って

Got back on the hobby horse last night. It has been difficult with being busy with work until late, the trip back to the States last month and my family sleeping during the summer in the south room with the AC. If I want to hobby I have to move to the north room and sweat it out or set up a small desk lamp to keep the light just on the table space (which just seems to much prep after work and dinner to hobby for 15-30 minutes before hitting the sack.)

However last night the hobby stars aligned. My daughter went to sleep early and my wife was still up so I could enjoy hobbling on some French Dragoons for a hour and a half. Good to be back in the groove.
Models Painted, 2019
32 28mm miniature
1 walker

Jaghatai_Khan
Rookie

Post by Jaghatai_Khan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:14 pm

Paints and minis arrived in Japan a few days ago, coinciding with the WS announcements from 40K.....

It's a sign!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B03fg9dHmwD/

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:39 pm

Gutentag from Deutschland y’all! (I’m in Germany, not Scotland just now.) I haven’t done much hobby stuff for the last few days due to being busy with visiting palaces and suchlike, but I did find time to buy Mollog’s Mob for shadespire, two other warbands for my kids (sylvaneth and more sigmarines, to be specific), the WarCry rulebook, as well as cards for witch elves and a box of the snakey versions thereof. (I figure I can use my raging heroes minis as witch elves, and maybe my Deldar flying dudes as witchy flying dudes, should I feel the need.) I also got cards for both types of orks for Spev (by request), just in case anybody is keeping count of who might be interested in the game :)

Oh, and I realised that the Sigmarite Mausoleum I bought years ago may just have found its niche, as it’s basically two of the kits in the warcry box. Hooray!

I may pick up some other gamey stuff in the next few days, but it depends on how my finances are looking at that point. I’m off back to Scotland tomorrow, then back to Japan on Monday. I am also super excited about finally being able to transport my electric guitar over to Japan. Found out my sister had it stashed in her house, and since my kids are also due a full baggage allowance on the plane home, I figured now was the time. I’ll need to get an amp and suchlike over in Japan, but once that’s done, it’ll be rockin’ time! :twisted: 8-) :D
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:48 pm

@J_K - That is some smooth looking white. Nice!
@M_i_J - Sounds like you're having a productive trip. Enjoy those cheap GW prices while you can.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”