What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What did you do today.

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:55 am

Went up to plamojuku in Ichinomiya today for a day of Shadespire, and managed to get in a couple games of WarCry. And I liked it! I brought my goblins because they're all painted and they fit in my Underworlds case easily (Stormcast are just too chunky to just shove into a standard KR infantry case) and they did all right even with only a couple (relatively) heavy-hitters in the squigs. Games are nice and fast, the mechanics are straightforward, and while I can see how some of the randomness of the mission creation could create situations that are hard to win I've always liked asymmetrical matchups in my wargaming anyway. Plus if you don't, the games are quick enough that if you draw a stinker you only have to wait a half hour to try again. I do want to paint up some of the squig hoppers I have kicking around now, though.

Also got some direction for final tweaking of my Ylthari deck for the Rising Sun Underworlds tourney this month. I'm not going in expecting to win or anything, but it would be nice to be competitive, heh.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 48 Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 6 Knights

ashdevon
Rookie

Post by ashdevon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:02 pm

Painting in the morning with my niece and then some Heroquest followed by home cooked chilli. Not a bad Sunday so far.

My niece negotiated with the orcs of the level to share the treasure with them if they let her pass. They agreed but then her barbarian came a cropper in the following room with another set of orcs. Lesson learned, negotiation is better than fighting but never trust too many orcs.

Though back into storyland Giants have fled
Where the Knights are no more
And the Dragons are dead.

15mm metal Knights
Sir Gawain and the battered Hedge Knights.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:54 pm

@Ashdevon - Sadly Orcs aren't known for their willingness to find win-win solutions. Hopefully your niece had fun anyway.

Last night my PC decided that it had had enough and abruptly switched itself off just as I was sitting down to watch Preacher. Upon opening up the case, I found enough dust to decorate a haunted house for halloween (friendly reminder, clean up the insides of your PC from time to time). I'm probably not going to be able to get it to the repair shop until next weekend, which means I am offline for the next two weeks at least. Luckily I can keep my net habit at bay with my phone, but I suppose this is a good chance to get reacquainted with my brushes.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:44 am

@prim - can’t you just clean it yourself? And I might be asking for trouble here, but if I recall correctly, I did actually post a while back about the need to clean the inside of one’s PC. Roundabout when I got total war:warhammer, cos at first it wouldn’t run, then I cleaned my pc, and now it does. Just sayin’. It’s totally doable to clean your own pc.
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:52 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:44 am
@prim - can’t you just clean it yourself? And I might be asking for trouble here, but if I recall correctly, I did actually post a while back about the need to clean the inside of one’s PC. Roundabout when I got total war:warhammer, cos at first it wouldn’t run, then I cleaned my pc, and now it does. Just sayin’. It’s totally doable to clean your own pc.
Yeah, I cleaned it. It still won't switch on again though.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:54 am

Hmmn. Did you clean inside your video card bit? In my pc it’s a kinda separate box that you have to remove, unplug from the motherboard, and then disassemble. Mine was so full of dust a mouse coulda built a nest in there and been quite cosy.

Also, I found that with a bit of research (done via your phone, of course) you can do some simple diagnostic tests to see which part of your pc is giving you gyp. Lights come on and off on the board before it actually “starts” so to speak. It can be useful when trying to identify which bit is shizzled.
minis
Magic cards
Hobby finances

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:25 am

Yes, I cleaned up the insides including the graphics card.

When I push the power button nothing happens. No lights flash, no parts move. There is zero reaction from pushing the button.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:33 am

Hmmn. Sounds pretty scoobed. Also sounds like it’s the power unit. Have you looked inside at the motherboard when you turn it on? Also, on my pc there’s a small pinhole button on the back near where the power cable plugs in. Pressing that does a small power test to check circuit flow. Is there such a thing on your machine?
minis
Magic cards
Hobby finances

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:46 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:33 am
Hmmn. Sounds pretty scoobed. Also sounds like it’s the power unit. Have you looked inside at the motherboard when you turn it on? Also, on my pc there’s a small pinhole button on the back near where the power cable plugs in. Pressing that does a small power test to check circuit flow. Is there such a thing on your machine?
I will have a look. Regardless of what is broken, I have a service warranty with the supplier, so I'll run it down to the shop, they'll give it a professional once over, fix it and ship it back to me free of charge. I'll still have to pay for any new parts, which I would have to even if I fixed it myself. And I'm far more trusting in their ability to diagnose, supply and fit the right parts than my own.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:36 pm

I finally sat down and did some painting last night - a ten-day family visit right after a week-long trip to the UK really took it out of me. It was just the first highlights on the skin on an Orruk brute plus the base coat and zenithal rattlecan sprays on some of the WarCry terrain, but it was nice to be in the painting seat. (Also I’ve resolved that I can’t buy my third reaver titan until I get through some of this backlog so I have that motivation too.)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 48 Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 6 Knights

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”