What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Konrad
Wargod

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Konrad » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:16 am

Primarch wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:31 pm
And this lot should earn me enough credit to finish off the week. :D

Some terrain for a game of Mordheim this Sunday.
Front
Back
A spiral staircase to nowhere.
And some scatter terrain.
Nice! And your warband looks great, too. Delicious even. I look forward to slaking my undying thirst with their rich, red blooooood. Muhahahaha!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:02 am

Konrad wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:16 am

Nice! And your warband looks great, too. Delicious even. I look forward to slaking my undying thirst with their rich, red blooooood. Muhahahaha!
Thanks. Hopefully your warband enjoys its feast of human blood, but don't forget the starter course of cold hard steel first. :lol:
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

Karantu
Rookie

Post by Karantu » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:43 pm

I'm not sure if this counts as what "I" did today but I'm back to printing stuff after neglecting my 3D printer for a few months.
I didn't design it or anything, I got the files off of a Kickstarter from quite a while ago.
It doesn't look too bad so far, and I'm curious to see how it'll look painted.

Also there's a link to the files if anyone's curious.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:16 pm

Bashed out the blue horror last night and this morning before I leave for my trip:

Although TBF he's (like the brimstones) basically 100% washes, with just a few white highlights for emphasis. I figured the fact that he's just a creature-shaped mass of blue magical energy meant I didn't have to worry about what color his tongue or toenails should be or anything.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted [unpainted] in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 [6] Infantry, [a bunch of terrain]
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 58 [62] Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 6 Knights

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:00 am

@Karantu - Cool. How long does something like that take to make?

@ToD - The horror looks ok, but (and this is just my opinion here), maybe you should paint the face/beak/tongue a bit. As it is, the flames and jewellery draw the eye away from the middle of the mini as they are the only things breaking up the overall colour. A dash of something bright and contrasty in the centre of the figure would really finish it off nicely.
/my2cents.
Have a great trip.

Karantu
Rookie

Post by Karantu » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:32 am

I'm currently printing the simplest version, which is basically a Rhino without any guns or extra bits which takes about 10 hours. It depends on the layer height and print speed too.

Karantu
Rookie

Post by Karantu » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:33 pm

I finished printing and assembling one of the not-Rhinos. The tracks were a pain since I had to bend those pieces and PLA seems to take a while to stick together with regular CA glue. I ended up with a gap between the track and wheel on the front left side but I suppose it's not too bad. I'm more worried about breaking it if I try to fix it at this stage. Hopefully I can get it painted soon.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:16 am

@Karantu - It looks like you have one too many track links in your design. Except for the floating tracks, your not-a-Rhino looks pretty cool.

I spent last night and part of this morning cleaning mold lines off minis and getting them primed up. Exciting stuff!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:37 am

@Tod- you need some OSL on that purple horror! Yellow/orange on purple, not a nightmare to paint at all :mrgreen:

Here is what I've been up to the last 2 months. SAGA commission for a buddy. Have an old Bretoninan Trebuchet done too, just needs to be assembled and some work done on the base. That is an honest-to-god Marauder Miniatures (old, old Citadel sideline company) Griffin. No skewl like old skewl lead!
ImageImageImage
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi guys. Everyone has been very busy I see, from Mordheim warbands and cool terrain, 3D Printed Space Marine tanks, blue horrors and not so horrible cute little fiery Brimstones to old skool Griffons! :)

That Griffon looks like the one Eltharion used to ride around on - though I doubt Konrad would be interested in that little tidbit ;) , with his aversion to poitned ears. Man when I was just getting into the hobby I loved that Eltharion on Griffon.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”