What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What did you do today.

Post by The Other Dave » Tue May 26, 2020 10:23 pm

@konrad - as is all too often the case, sadly, with Blanchitsu peeps. Awesome conversion! The model is painted brown! And then further slathered with mud and rust!

@jus, looking good! Have you seen Senasuke's take on the technique? Pure wizardry as far as I'm concerned but it looks like what you're going for. (Also I want that gelfling!)

I whipped up the Borewyrms (juvenile Ambull grubs) last night:
Mostly as a test for how the Ambull itself might look. I went for a naturalistic rhinoceros-beetle-ish color, and while it's a bit on the jimi side, on the big guy himself (with his bioluminescent bits and such, plus more room to work on some mottling effects on the fleshy parts) I think it should work.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2020:
AoS-iverse: 87 infantry
40K-iverse: 39 infantry, 1 monster, a whole mess of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan

jus

Post by jus » Wed May 27, 2020 1:25 am

@prim : A house, a house, My kingdom for a.... house! Thanks, I think I'm getting the hang of anime eyes. Sometimes you need a break from painting grim dark things. Just a short break though.

@konrad: I though about trying true metallics actually, but that had to mean buying new paints, which i don't want to do. Hey Ironsleet's conversions are pretty cool. I might need to steal a few ideas. particularly the primaris sanguinary guard. hmmm

@tod: yeah I'm using the glaze techniques. Takes a good while though but fun!
Gelfing! Yeah Arcadia quest has a lot of spoof characters in it.

Incidentally, when is the next nagoya game day? I imagine it will have to be contingent on the reopening of the community centers etc. Any news from itakura san and company?

Karantu
Veteran

Post by Karantu » Wed May 27, 2020 1:57 am

@job The text on that book looks really good, and so do the flames.
@tod The less flashy colour scheme works on the grubs and it makes sense for them to be a different colour in their grub stage probably. Maybe to help them blend into their environment better or something.

I finally finished building and painting the prototype of the sector mechanicus-ish terrain I was working on. I used mesh tape to get the metal grating texture and added some card cladding to cover the edges. I might still give it a black wash and maybe a bit more weathering but I'd rather not spend too much time on it and just make more first.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed May 27, 2020 10:45 pm

@Karantu - very slick! Definitely at least on par with 95% of the MDF stuff you see.

I wrapped up the other set of scrubs I have for blackstone, some poxwalkers:

Just another quick contrast job, but these guys are especially suited for it. In retrospect the pink and green are maybe a bit vibrant, but eh. (I'm not worrying about making the poxwalkers and plague marines match my Kill Team force, since the basing will be different so I wouldn't use them together. If I want more of these models for KT they're cheap enough to pick up I could just get more.)
-----

ashdevon
Warrior

Post by ashdevon » Thu May 28, 2020 6:02 pm

Great work on the boxes and Diggas. Great painting Other Dave. Love the nurgle guys. Here's today's efforts. Royalist troops decamp.

Historical minis have too many straps.
My eyes can only see so much.
Lockdown progress: One Prussian army completed after 9 years and one English Civil War project completed after 8.

ashdevon
Warrior

Post by ashdevon » Thu May 28, 2020 6:38 pm

Just been checking the last few pages of minis guys. Absolutely unbelievable. I wish I could paint that well. Even in lockdown I find I don't have the time, patience, eyesight or zen to get that good. That's really incredible, well done everyone.
Lockdown progress: One Prussian army completed after 9 years and one English Civil War project completed after 8.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri May 29, 2020 3:07 am

Ash, those look great - natural light is always nice for pics too.

The Ambull is much too friggin' huge for the acrylic bases I have on hand, so I spent a merry few minutes with plasticard and a protractor and made something up to more-or-less kind of match the game boards.

A bit rough and ready, and I'm sure some may agree with me that it's a point in favor of the board-matching clear bases I use, and some will think it's a point against, and I should make some like this for everybody. But I ain't gonna. :lol:
-----

ashdevon
Warrior

Post by ashdevon » Fri May 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Thanks Tod. My that's a maxiture for sure.
Image 6 more cavalry finished today.

ashdevon
Warrior

Post by ashdevon » Sat May 30, 2020 4:51 pm

Finished the cavalry for the project.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun May 31, 2020 11:55 am

I painted a windmill.

As MDF doesn't have much paintable texture, I had to add my own woodgrain effect by dragging a saw blade along the boards and then adding some deeper grooves with a modelling knife.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300,
in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”