What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: What did you do today.

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:12 am

loving that bounty hunter, Jus - top notch painting, converting and sculpting. I also love me a bit of trenchcoat action :D Very noice
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Mattb
Rookie

Post by Mattb » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:38 am

I finally got around to painting Inquisitor Coteaz/Lucian Thule today. I think this is a pretty damn good sculpt, especially since it's almost 2 decades old now.

Oh also does anyone else hate looking at their own models close up in a digital photo? I can see all of the mistakes and just how thick the paint is. :?

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:45 am

Yeah, blowing up a model to like 5 times its actual size always brings out all the little things "wrong" with it - but you have to remember that a lot of those things are just not visible at actual size!

I finished up some plaguebearers:

Good fun to paint up, even if the models are showing their age a bit.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2020:
AoS-iverse: 98 infantry
40K-iverse: 90 infantry, 2 vehicles, a whole mess of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:07 am

Mattb wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:38 am
I finally got around to painting Inquisitor Coteaz/Lucian Thule today. I think this is a pretty damn good sculpt, especially since it's almost 2 decades old now.

Oh also does anyone else hate looking at their own models close up in a digital photo? I can see all of the mistakes and just how thick the paint is. :?
I have that guy in my bitz box, too. Lovely sculpt. I feel your pain and the love\hate of digital photography. But look at it as constructive criticism. Like when a buddy looks at something you made and catches a mistake you missed.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:44 am

I've been chugging through nurglings the past week or so, which is getting dull I tell you what, so I'm also doing a bit of work on the Traitor Command expansion for Blackstone (the renegade commissar and chaos ogryn), then yesterday I picked up the orc warband for Underworlds, and a goblin team for blood bowl, the latter mostly because I also got my sister in the States to go to Barnes and Noble to pick up blitz bowl for me and send it along.

I've been hearing lots of good things about blitz bowl as a fast-playing alternative to blood bowl, so figured what the heck. The main thing it seems to lack versus BB "proper" is league play, which we can never manage anyway, so a 30-45-minute version with by-all-accounts really good design by James M. Hewitt seems an easy purchase.
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:58 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:44 am
I've been chugging through nurglings the past week or so, which is getting dull I tell you what,
desho? The wee buggers took me far longer than I expected, and that was only 3 bases worth. Hat's off to you if you're doing any more than that.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:22 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:58 am
The Other Dave wrote:
I've been chugging through nurglings the past week or so, which is getting dull I tell you what,
desho? The wee buggers took me far longer than I expected, and that was only 3 bases worth. Hat's off to you if you're doing any more than that.
The goal is to get 12 bases worth - I can knock out 3 in like a day and a half, but "lots of the same thing" has always been my Achilles heel.

The Brutes for Underworlds are calling to me, though. Lovely models.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:30 am

In addition to some nurglings (which look the same as the other nurglings, so I won't bother with a picture, heh) I finished up these two jerks, the Traitor Command expansion for Blackstone:

All contrast again, except for the NMM-ish technique I tried on the Ogryn's metallic stuff. The overall effect came out a bit darker than I'd like but overall I like how it looks, especially considering the effort involved (i.e., good effect, little effort :lol:). I probably could paint something on the commissar's back banner too, but it's already snapped off twice and I didn't want to push my luck. :lol:
-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:44 am

@MattB - Cool Inquisitor.
@ToD - Great work as always.

I finished up a handful of Normans today.
Hmm, looks like I forgot to paint the eyes on the horses. Oops. :oops:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300,
in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417.

YellowStreak
Legend
Location: The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap), Deep in the heart of Texas

Post by YellowStreak » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:29 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
I've been chugging through nurglings the past week or so, which is getting dull I tell you what, so I'm also doing a bit of work on the Traitor Command expansion for Blackstone (the renegade commissar and chaos ogryn), then yesterday I picked up the orc warband for Underworlds, and a goblin team for blood bowl, the latter mostly because I also got my sister in the States to go to Barnes and Noble to pick up blitz bowl for me and send it along.

I've been hearing lots of good things about blitz bowl as a fast-playing alternative to blood bowl, so figured what the heck. The main thing it seems to lack versus BB "proper" is league play, which we can never manage anyway, so a 30-45-minute version with by-all-accounts really good design by James M. Hewitt seems an easy purchase.
Blitz Bowl is good fun! Season 2 (version 2?) is about to be released next month...
On the painting table:
Bolt Action Narvik Army
Blood and Valour Gallipoli ANZACs
Fantasy Savage Orks and Empire troops
Warhammer Quest The '95 original!

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”