2015 Resolutions Thread!

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: 2015 Resolutions Thread!

Postby YellowStreak on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:48 am

Resolutions...hmmm...

Paint more, play more, spend less? :)
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby ashmie on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Already had to cancel a get together at the last minute last Sunday. 1 of 5 objectives lost! :cry:
Sod resolutions. Lets enjoy our lives :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.
Maggots Michael, you're eating maggots.
ashmie
Wargod

Postby Mike the Pike on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:53 am

I resolve to make some room in my hobby room. Hence the big sell off in the 'For sale' thread.

I don't see any big projects in the near future, although a new WFB edition might require a bit of work.

I think I will do some more terrain work too, especially for the 28mm games I play. That La Haie Sainte set over at Sarissa looks soooooo tempting.

Other resolutions/projects I intend to get done this year.....

6mm Napoleonics.
28mm New Zealand Wars
Finish another Malifaux gang.
Start a Dredd Gand or two.
Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Postby The Other Dave on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:05 am

Mike the Pike wrote:6mm Napoleonics.

You want to set a date to try a game, for motivation's sake? ;)

(I also ought to give you a chance to use your squats again sometime soon.)
Miniatures painted in 2017:
Fleet: 2 cruisers
15mm: 1 tank, 2 buildings
28mm: 183 infantry, 4 vehicles, 5 buildings
Currently focusing on: 40K, Malifaux
I started a blog! https://chubugamer.wordpress.com/
The Other Dave
Wargod

Postby ashmie on Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:49 pm

With the Balrog complete I'm just checking my next hobby goal for 2015. Number 2 on the list is continue and complete my English Civil War minis. See you in December then. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.
Maggots Michael, you're eating maggots.
ashmie
Wargod

Postby me_in_japan on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:09 pm

So, 6 months into 2015, how are we doing, hmmm?

Let's see...

me_in_december wrote:This year, I would like to complete most of the following:
1) keep my bought:painted ratio at 1:10 if possible.
2) finish up enough dark Eldar to field 1500pts of newly painted stuff at Naghammer.
3) paint all 14 infinity starter minis in time for Naghammer
4) build an infinity board, and buy/make enough terrain to fill it.
5) paint one or two of those big Bones minis (Cthulhu or kaladrax), just for fun
6) finish painting my corsairs (2 squads, 2 venoms and a flyer still to go)
7) paint a few more girls for my Dredd gang
8) possibly paint my plague hulk, but that's a bit optimistic

1)hah! No way, but then who foresaw the harlequin release? Apart from that it's looking do-able.
2) kinda. Most of my Naghammer stuff was new, apart from the troops.
3) Ahahah, no. Not even started.
4) Ditto, but I am getting the terrain bug at the mo. I'm thinking a reversible Mali/warmachine on one side and infinity on the other. Obvs both sides would need to be flat. Still just an idea at this point.
5) Nope, but it's the kind of thing that could happen any time.
6) Nope. Not a lot of point in painting unusable minis, not when I've got tons of useable-but-unpainted stuff waiting.
7) No, but I did do a bunch of showgirls.
8) Again, no, but if the hankering for a major project comes along, it'll be plaguey.

So, overall assessment: Epic Fail. So far. Let us see what the latter half of 2015 brings...
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Primarch on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:34 pm

Primarch wrote:Well, I succeeded in my goal for this year, but I did feel very burned out from painting so much and very stressed about getting stuff done each month. (I took part in a monthly painting challenge over on the Warlord forum as well).
So for 2015 I am going to set the bar much lower.
First up I need to get my hobby room in a usable condition. That means building a gaming table, unpacking and sorting through my collection and all that jazz.
Next I want to work on some terrain projects that I have had lying about untouched for some time now. I've avoided working on them as I knew I would be moving soon.
I plan to get my Raven Guard done for NagoyaHammer this year.
Finally, I have a somewhat secret project that I want to get done, with an aim to demo games before the summer.

If I can meet all those goals, I'll be happy.

6 month progress check is it?
Gaming table built? Check
Hobby stuff sorted? Kinda
Terrain projects? One is underway, the other...not
Raven Guard for NagoyaHammer? 47 Shades of Grey done and dusted
Somewhat secret project? Built, painted, one game played, not all that impressed by it.

So yeah, it looks like I am doing pretty well overall. Mainly it comes down to terrain and getting my stuff more organised.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby job on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:09 am

job wrote:2014, I finished all my painting goals and did a little more. (Although a little tardy.) I finished the Bolt Action army, my Dropzone Commander army, the French FoW army with Voss and I also finished up the contents of my Dark Vengeance box (with exception of one figure) and the rest of the Black Legion models. The one resolution I totally blew was curbing my spending. That went out the window when I got carried away and spent 30,000 yen on Danginius' Greater Brass Scorpion. :( But it was worth every yen. :D

For 2015:
Painting: Paint what I have. (Things in inventory: Heldrake, Bloodslaugterer, 13 Bloodletters, 2 15mm Panthers, 1 Dark Angels Commander, 2 mutant-y models I dug up from Primarch's bitz bin. 10 Berzerkers, an Ork Blood Bowl team, and a Perry Bridge exist but are not really high on my list of things to paint. And I nearly forgot about the Napoleonics! What I am going to do about that?!) I want a Sicarian. I am toying with the idea of painting some sengoku-era models. I might buy some traitor guard- cultists to enjoy painting and modeling. If a Chaos Knight is produced I am likely to buy and paint it.

Otherwise, I just plan to paint and model what I like.

Spending: Try to limit expansion of the number of models or terrain. Invest in carrying cases.

Event: I'd like to open a room for some king of gaming event, likely Bolt Action, 40k Apocalypse or Warhammer tourney-ish event.

Non-Gaming: Turn my attention back to other things like studying Japanese and hopefully starting a family.

Painting: Heldrake- finished, 8 bloodletter-finished, 3 half-funished, 1 Sicaran- finished, 8 bikers- finished, 10 traitor guard-finished, 2mutants converted, blood slaughterer -under progress. Perry Bridge and Blood Bowl teams are to be given away. berzerkers, no progress.
Spending: Mostly successful. The planned Sicaran was purchased with 10 unplanned cultists. I also obtained a discount Baneblade and tons of bikers on a mate's deal. Now the big question is to buy the Chaos Knight?
Event: August 15th in conjunction with our Yellowstreak. please come and enjoy the fun!
Non-gaming: Family- check! Japanese study- err well starting August 9th ish ill be living in an all Japanese household and plan to get things going on that front.
All things considered, I think I'm doing okay.
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
job
Wargod

Postby Spevna on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:21 pm

Spevna wrote:Alright, I'll bite.

My goals for 2015 are ;

build and paint my tanks for BA ( there's 6 of them).
paint up 6pts of Celts for Saga.
paint 1500pts of Eldar.

If they all get done, I will try to finish my RT Space Marines.

Not touched a single tank :(
Got half my Saga army done :D
Sold almost all of my Eldar :shock:

Got 2 squads of RT Space Marines done :D

Not too bad for the half way mark.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0
Spevna

Postby Lovejoy on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Lovejoy wrote:Here are my main goals. I'll be happy to finish say 6 of these 9.

1. Paint all my outstanding Dredd minis. This is about 40 odd.
2. Stick with a Dredd faction, and get some levels on them. I've enjoyed playing a different gang everytime, but now I'd like to commit to one (at least until it's annihilated)
3. Paint and play 4-6 point faction of Normans for Saga.
4. Paint and play two 24 point Wars of the Roses retinues for Lion Rampant (2 because demos)
5. Paint and play at least two 200 pt Ronin factions.
6. Paint and play Indians and Highlanders for Muskets and Tomohawks (again, no one else is doing it so I need 2 factions)
7. Finish Bolt Action Fallschirmjager
8. Tidy up and expand those Space Wolves to 1500 pts. Terminators or Blood Claws in some configuration I reckon.
9. Paint another 40k army to 1500 pts (Necrons or Orks)....

Completed 1, 2, and 8, more or less.. 3 down, 6 left.
But then, hobby priorities change, don't they.
Hopefully I'll get 3 more of these resolutions squared away before year end, and I'll call 6 out of 9 a decent years progress for this perpetually knackered working father, as I originally said.
Tiny Fallschirmjagers, I'm looking at you next!
2017 Hobby Progress: Nowt.
Lovejoy
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント