2016 Resolutions!

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Re: 2016 Resolutions!

Postby me_in_japan on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:04 am

me_in_japan wrote:MiJ's 2016 hobby resolutions:

1) fully build and paint a 4x4 table's worth of sci fi terrain, plus the actual board (or mat, if I go the pre-made route.)

2) paint a few more Dredd gangers.

3) paint a Malifaux crew (either Lynch or Ramos)

4) paint my Infinity PanO

5) get started on painting Dropfleet when it arrives.

6) paint my remaining corsairs (about 20 guys, 2 venoms and a flyer)

7) paint 500pts of SSP in time for Naghammer.

8) maintain a positive minis painted/sold vs minis bought ratio.

9) play games more.

hmmn. In order:

1) not really. I did build the whole terrain set, but it remains unpainted and there's no board yet. So, no.

2) No. Haven't painted dredd all year. Haven't played it either, mind you.

3) No, but I did paint a full Frostgrave gang in lieu. So, hmmn. Yes?

4) Painted one and a half minis. So, no.

5) Aha! Yes! Nearly finished the demo fleet, and my scourge are being assembled.

6) again, so-so. Converted and painted 5 corsairs. Nope on the jetbikes, though. So. No.

7) No, but did some dark eldar in lieu. So, kinda.

8) hang on, lemme check.........OK. Yes, on this one. Painted about 30, sold about 30, bought about 52, about half of which are pre-paints.
What's that? Oh, these big kickstarter boxes under the table *shoves boxes out of sight* Eh, don't mind those. They don't count, do they?

9) Defo yes. I made it up to Nagoya much more this year than in 2015. I intend to keep this up, too :)
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Konrad on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:10 am

I resolve....to keep plugging away at my Digga-chicks and clean up my toy boxes a bit. And there are plans involving dinosaurs.

My goals for 2017 is to play-test some Gorkamorka house rules and maybe even start editing the original into some sort of a Community Edition sort of thing. Got ideas to open the setting up to make it a little less Ork-centered, sort of a Gang Of Nu Ork-lite. I do love GoMo. No other game captures vehicular mayhem as well.

I want to try out Frostgrave and would love to get in more than the odd Dredd/Strange Aeons/1P40K game in too.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Legend

Postby Spevna on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:57 am

Spevna wrote:For the coming year, I've got a few things simmering.

1. Dredd.

I want to get two more gangs painted for this, a load of East Meg judges, and small group of sky-surfers.

2. Saga.

This is almost done. I need to get two or three more units done for it before I have a complete Celt army.

3. WHFB.

The plan here is to get a Celt/Slaine themed chaos army done. I'm also aiming for this to be usable for an fantasy rules out there.

4. Bolt Action.

I've got a full painted army of winter Germans done, but I've got about another 50 guys and 2 tanks to add to that.

5, AVBCW.

I want to get a small army of British fascists done for this. Nothing massive, just a small themed force.

6. Frostgrave.

The gang is painted, just need to get them on the table!

7. Ronin.

I'm painting up a small group of Orc/goblin bandits ( or Mongols ). They will use human stats, but the minis are too nice to not use.

8. WH40K

I have a few squads of Beakies, and a few orks left to do.

On a non gaming note, I'll have a lot of work to do for the Kickstarter for the next couple of months. I'm also going to Thailand in August, and then I'll be going home to England for the first time in 11 years.
That's pretty much my plan for 2016.

Edit! Totally forgot about Antares! I shall be finishing off that army pretty soon and getting some games in ASAP!

1. Didn't get those 2 done, but I got a different 4 finished.
2. Nope. Totally forgot about them.
3. Done!
4. Got the blokes done, but not the tanks.
5. Got enough done for a small game, but still need to add to it.
6. Done. Got most of the Future character done too.
7. Traded these away.
8. Beakies were done, the orks have been traded away.

On top of that, I also got a blood bowl team done, a small chaos army done, some guys for En Garde done, and a halfling gang done,
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0
Spevna

Postby The Other Dave on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:46 am

Hmm - not quite as bad, all told, as I thought it might be.

The Other Dave wrote:Bolt Action: Finish a reinforced platoon of Germans. I have one squad painted and one (plus an occifer and a sniper team) primed and ready to go on the workbench. When that's done I'll order up what I need for a third squad of infantry and some sort of modest vehicular support. An sdkfz 222 maybe, as that'd put me comfortably at "500 points-ish" as a starting point.

This is my big glaring fail for the year. Just couldn't do it. I did paint up a platoon each of Germans and Americans in 15mm though! :oops:

The Other Dave wrote:Dropzone Commander: Finish my PHR forces. This means 2 AA walkers and their transport, plus 4 rocket artillery vehicles.

Check! A modest goal, to be sure, but check.

The Other Dave wrote:Dropfleet Commander: Due for delivery over the summer, and I'd like to start with a goal of having the starter box forces painted and get demo'ing.

The KS shipped too late to really get any demos in (at least with people who hadn't already backed the kickstarter) but all the same, check!

The Other Dave wrote:6mm Napoleonics: Want to round out my force a bit more, since Mike and I have informally arranged to try a game or two early in the year. I have 9 bases of infantry and 3 each of heavy and light cavalry painted up, plus some cannon and leaders. I'd like to get, say, 6 more bases of infantry painted up at the very least.

And this, on the other hand, was my big victory for the year - I went far and beyond this and now have a really quite large and well-balanced force.
Miniatures painted in 2017:
Fleet: 2 cruisers
15mm: 1 tank, 2 buildings
28mm: 183 infantry, 4 vehicles, 5 buildings
Currently focusing on: 40K, Malifaux
I started a blog! https://chubugamer.wordpress.com/
The Other Dave
Wargod

Postby YellowStreak on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:42 am

Hmm how did I do...
Bolt Action: Finish at least 500 points of Australians and Japanese for Bolt Action, finish my early war Germans, finish the remaining bits of my French

FAIL. Did finish my French and paint a new US Airborne Army for Overlord, but did almost nothing on my Aussies and Japanese...
GoA: Finish an army for Antares

FAIL: Did finish almost 3 squads, but didn't make 500 points worth...
TNT: Finish the minis I bought for TNT gangs and finish building & weathering the buildings I already have

PARTIAL: Finished 2 gangs, and then bought more bits...didn't finish my buildings...
BloodBowl: Paint at least 2 of my many unpainted teams (and finish my blood bowl stand for extra credit)

PARTIAL: Finished 1 team....

Somehow I did manage to paint alot this past year, just not the stuff I planned at the start of the year... :roll:
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby jehan-reznor on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:21 am

My resolution is just paint stuff and maybe finish stuff ;)
jehan-reznor
Champion

Previous

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント