Kris Kuksi

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work

Kris Kuksi

Postby Konrad on Tue May 22, 2018 5:09 am

One of the students in a business class dropped a big old coffee table book of this guy's art in the middle of our lesson the other day. The students are all designers and CG people and the like, so we spent the lions share of the lesson oohing and aaaahing and talking art, (pronounced Aaaaah-t) Easy money. Love that class.
Not exactly what we are all about here, and not that you troglodytes have the sophistication to appreciate fine art, but damn imagine this guy's bitz box.
Legos were mentioned in his bio, but (Surprisingly? Still in the closet?) no war gaming.

https://www.kuksi.com
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Re: Kris Kuksi

Postby Primarch on Tue May 22, 2018 7:00 am

Wow! Those models/sculptures are something else. I've zoomed in on a few of them to try to figure out how he made them. I've spotted some components from various tank kits here and there, and what I think is an old Hunter Killer missile from one of GW's early kits. :D

Really stunning work.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby YellowStreak on Tue May 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Wow indeed!
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby Konrad on Tue May 22, 2018 11:32 pm

As I understand it, the figures are pretty much all found objects. He did not go in and actually sculpt aaaaallllll those little guys standing on little guys standing on little guys. The guy who brought the book in is a CG designer and can make, like a car that looks like a car with Z brush. So we were like, "No, way! That's all CG?" And , well no...it's lots and lots of toys and models.
Still, really makes you look at the stuff we make in a new light.

Primarch wrote:Wow! Those models/sculptures are something else. I've zoomed in on a few of them to try to figure out how he made them. I've spotted some components from various tank kits here and there, and what I think is an old Hunter Killer missile from one of GW's early kits. :D

Really stunning work.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Return to Painting and Modelling - ペイント