Mtg arena open beta

Discussion of any trading card games. e.g. Magic, Yu-gi-oh, Gundam War, etc.

Mtg arena open beta

Postby me_in_japan on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:24 am

As you may be aware, the new Magic game on the pc is Magic Arena, and I’ve been playing the closed beta for a couple months now. As of yesterday, the official announcement of open beta (ie still technically in development but fully open to the public) is go from September 27th. Now (well, from the 27th) would be a very good time to get into this game, if you’re so inclined, as everyone will be starting from a level playing field. It’s free to play (I once spent 5usd on the ridiculously good value welcome pack, but that’s all the cash I’ve ever dropped or ever will) and is genuinely one of the best versions of Magic I’ve tried. Also, there are tutorials and suchlike for those who have no idea what all the fuss is about.

Anyway, sales pitch: over. I’ve got no stake in this other than at some point down the line Wizards have said there will be support for organised games between players (as opposed to the current random match ups) and I reckon it’d be awesome if we could all play each other at Magic in the evenings from time to time.

Here’s the announcement trailer, btw. As some wit on Facebook said “has Danny Trejo ever refused a job?” :lol:

https://youtu.be/tpOySUK3Vdc
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Mtg arena open beta

Postby me_in_japan on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:54 am

as a follow up to this highly commented-upon thread :roll:, the MTGA beta has moved onto having PvP matches available. By which I mean, you can now choose to play matches against your friends (yay! - and there was much rejoicing in the MTGA community). I'd be rejoicing, too, if I had any friends who played MTGA....

hint...

hint...

:D
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Primarch on Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:16 pm

Tempting, but I'm trying to spend more time with a brush in my hand than a mouse. My mountain of models isn't going to paint itself. :D
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:29 pm

eh, you can get a game of magic done in about 10 minutes. What difference is that going to make to your painting progress?

*glances down, nudges huge pile of unpainted minis out of sight*

:D
2018 totals
minis
Magic cards
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Primarch on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:33 pm

Because I would only play one game. :lol:
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy MtG, but I sank too much time into Duels that I could have put to better use elsewhere. Magic is a hobby in itself, and quite a time (and money if you use real cards) intensive one.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Return to Card Games - カードゲーム