Normandy '44 - Scenario Rules

Normandy '44 - Scenario Rules

Postby Primarch on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:57 am

Ok, I have had a couple of questions, so I guess I should clarify some rules for this event.

Order Dice
Each player gets 10 Order Dice per turn regardless of how many units they have. You may use these dice to activate your own units and/or any scenario assets that are in your sector (on your team's table in other words).
You may not share dice with team mates or pass them around. If you don't use them, you lose them.
Dice draws will be handled on a team basis. The dice bag will have 10 dice for the Axis and 10 for the Allies. When a die is pulled, all players on that team get one Order Die.

Officers and Order Dice
Your Officers may only give Order Dice to your own troops. You may not give dice to your teammate's models or scenario assets.
Officers do share their order test modifiers though. So if you are standing next to a teammate's Lieutenant, you can use their modifiers.

Down, Ambush and Order Dice
When your units go Down or into Ambush, use your own Order Dice. If you put a scenario asset into Ambush or your fail an Order test, use your own Order Dice, you can leave it in Ambush or Down if you want, but your die stays with it. If a scenario asset goes Down before it activates, mark it with another die.

Deployment and Reserves
Each player will begin with all of their Initial Platoon on the table. You will be given specific deployment zones on the day. You may use your order dice to activate these units freely.

Each player starts with their Reserve Pool in reserve. You may use your order dice to try and bring those units onto the table on any turn (including turn 1). These units may only enter from your own board edge or from specific points which will be revealed on the day. You cannot outflank units in this scenario. You will need to make an order test to bring your units onto the table.

Some scenario assets will begin the game on the table, others will be in reserve. Any player may use their Order Dice to activate a scenario asset, though each asset may still only activate once per turn. Scenario assets in reserve may be brought onto the table with an Order Test, though some may only deploy at a specific point in the game.

Objectives
Each team will have three objectives, a Primary Objective worth 3 points, a Secondary Objective worth 2 points and a Tertiary Objective worth 1 point. These objectives will be public, so the enemy will know what you are trying to achieve and will do their best to stop you.
Each player will also have their own Objective worth 1 point. These objectives will be secret. (though you can let your teammates know so that they can help you achieve them).

We will play until 7pm (give or take some time for finishing off the turn), then count points.
Teams will score points based only on their sector (the table you are playing on), so it is possible that the Axis might win in one sector but the Allies win in the other.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Normandy '44 - Scenario Rules

Postby Primarch on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:16 am

National Special Rules

United States
US Airforce Observers will only get 1 Airstrike each. The US team will have 1 extra Airstrike that may be called in by any of their Airforce Observers.
(So if each of the 3 US players has 1 Observer each, they won't get 6 Airstrikes, they will get 4).

United Kingdom
British players will not get a free Artillery Observer each. You may still purchase one if you wish. Instead there will be a single free Artillery Observer for the British team. This free Observer will be a Veteran and will include 1 man as a Bodyguard. He may be deployed at the beginning of the game.
British players may choose their national special rule as usual, but you may not choose the Bloodcurdling Scream (Is that the right name? I'll need to check my book). That is really more suited for Maoris or Ghurkas which weren't present in Normandy.

Germany
Replace the regular Tiger Fear rule with the following.

Whenever a vehicle is hit by the main gun of a model with the Tiger Fear rule and not knocked out, make an Order Test. If the Test is failed the vehicle immediately goes Down. Note that vehicles which go down as part of a failed Order Test also usually make a reverse move.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby komura on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:03 pm

I'd like to confirm entry rule about infantry units who embarked on transporter.
When they will enter into board, how many order dice are required?
Just required an order dice for transporter? Or two dices of infantry and transporter?
Let me know.
komura
Veteran

Postby Primarch on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:49 am

komura wrote:I'd like to confirm entry rule about infantry units who embarked on transporter.
When they will enter into board, how many order dice are required?
Just required an order dice for transporter? Or two dices of infantry and transporter?
Let me know.

Same as usual, 1 order die for the vehicle and test to enter. If the vehicle passes, it enters the board carrying the unit. The unit need another die to disembark. If the vehicle fails, both the vehicle and the unit remain off the table for that turn.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Return to Past Events