The Movie Thread

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。

Re: The Movie Thread

Postby me_in_japan on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:30 pm

by the way, the new short from Oats Studio is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0V24IEHao

As before, int'restin. It's set in 'Nam, with a touch of Akira.
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby AndrewGPaul on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:50 pm

In the last week, I've seen Despicable Me 3 (not as good as the other two, but still good - if you like Minions, of course) and Baby Driver (Excellent. Not so sure about the last act, but it's a very stylish film. Visually, but more importantly in the sound and use of music). Both worth a watch, IMO; Baby Driver moreso if you have to choose one.
AndrewGPaul
Champion

Postby ashmie on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:18 pm

Dunkirk. We were there.
Good film. I give it 2 stars, Dad gave it 4. I thought Atonement did a better job at portraying the beach scenes. They just didn't have enough extras in this film to portray the panic and sheer numbers of the debacle. Way too much time focused on the air scenes made it feel very low budget. Overall a good effort and a killer Vangelis style soundtrack by Hans Zimmer that led and carried the whole piece. The first 20 minutes of the film are excellent. The pacing, the look, the atmosphere gives it that Saving Private Ryan kick off a good war film needs.
And then Cillian Murphy (Batman Begins) turns up, an actor who I hate. This ruined it a bit for me. The rest of the acting was spot on including Branagh with the Royal Shakespeare sea admiral character. Would I watch again? Probably not. If you like Spitfires though, this film is epic. For a better war film see Hamburger Ridge or American Sniper.
Very patriotic in places and very real but ultimately not A Bridge Too Far. :) I enjoyed the time with Dad as we sat under the speaker and he was leaping out of his seat literally and yelling "SHIT" "POOR BUGGERS"> LOL
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.
Maggots Michael, you're eating maggots.
ashmie
Wargod

Previous

Return to Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題