The Golden Age of TV. So, what are you watching?

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。

Re: The Golden Age of TV. So, what are you watching?

Postby Primarch on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:50 pm

I recently finished off season 1 of The Last Kingdom, which was fairly decent. It's written by the guy who did the Sharpe series, though the TV show has a slightly higher budget, so instead of having the battles featuring dozens of guys we got in Sharpe, there are some fairly large numbers of troops on the screen.
This evening I also watched the first episode of Gotham season 4. Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle seem to be growing up a bit, but we're still not at full on Batman yet. Hopefully they'll keep it going for a while longer.
Apart from that, the only other things I have had time for are The Simpsons and Rick and Morty. I'm currently up to season 25 of The Simpsons and it's managing about 1 good joke an episode so far. Rick and Morty has some really good moments and is worth checking out if you haven't seen it already. :D
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby YellowStreak on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:56 am

+1 for Rick and Morty.

Watched the first 4 episodes of ST:Discovery, jury is still out. They're setting up some interesting plot ideas, but it just doesn't feel very Star Trek. Although given it's basically set during a war, the darker, more action-oriented tone is perhaps to be expected.

I've had trouble getting into the Expanse, despite liking the book. May just be a mindset thing - as MiJ said it requires you to pay attention so perhaps not a show for casual viewing when the brain is wiped out from work...

I'm on Vikings Season 3 at the moment, will have to check out the Last Kingdom.
Looking forward to the next season of Designated Survivor too, as well as Walking Dead and Luke Cage (which reminds me I need to watch the Defenders and hope that Iron Fist isn't so annoying that it's unwatchable...)
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby me_in_japan on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Iron Fist isnt all that bad. Not as good as some, granted, but not abominable by any stretch. Watch while clipping minis off sprues and you'll be fine.
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Previous

Return to Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題