What is everyone listening to?

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。

Re: What is everyone listening to?

Postby ashmie on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:32 am

Great choices from everyone. Especially appreciate Mike and Underdweller for their choices.
@ Underdweller, I saw The Pogues at Brixton Academy back in 2001. We were surprised Shane was even still alive and we thought it would be the last time but he's still rocking right? It was the best gig of my life even though I got trampled on twice down the front. The whole place sold out of Guinness in less than 5 minutes and there were 3 bars!
@ Mike, Move in to fire at the main stream of bombers etc :twisted: :lol: :D Up the Irons.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.
Maggots Michael, you're eating maggots.
ashmie
Wargod

Postby Mike the Pike on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:44 am

"Let off a sharp burst then turn away" \nn/
Then aren't enough songs about Spitfires IMHO

The Pogues - D'oh! = I knew there was something I was meant to be doing on St. Paddy's day :D
Awesome band. Great stuff for when I need a break from Metal. Flogging Molly is also good. :mrgreen:
Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Postby The Underdweller on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:19 am

ashmie wrote: @ Underdweller, I saw The Pogues at Brixton Academy back in 2001. We were surprised Shane was even still alive and we thought it would be the last time but he's still rocking right? It was the best gig of my life even though I got trampled on twice down the front. The whole place sold out of Guinness in less than 5 minutes and there were 3 bars!

Yeah, The Pogues are great live! I've seen them 3 times, once with Shane before they kicked him out, once with Joe Strummer as the lead singer and once with Spider Stacey. When I saw Shane he could only do an hour or so concert before passing out...I hear he's better at the recent concerts and not dead at all, surprisingly.

@Mike: Yeah, Flogging Molly is good, also Dropkick Murphys, especially their earlier stuff! My husband has tried to get me into metal but alas he has yet to be successful; I do like Hole, though.
The Underdweller
Champion

Postby ashmie on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:43 am

When did they kick Shane out? Is he back in it now?
With Joe Strummer must have been amazing.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.
ashmie
Wargod

Postby The Underdweller on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:23 pm

ashmie wrote:When did they kick Shane out? Is he back in it now?
With Joe Strummer must have been amazing.

They sacked him in 1991 (for not showing up to concerts, I think), then they broke up a few years later, and I guess when you saw them it was their first tour back together. The concert with Joe Strummer was good but kind of a shock as I didn't know Shane was out till Strummer walked onto the stage.
The Underdweller
Champion

Postby ashmie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:03 am

@Underdweller

I see, oh we have a nice slice of Pogues history between us. I'm still envious that you saw the late great Joe Strummer though. :)
ashmie
Wargod

Postby ashmie on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:56 am

Threadomancy. As well as the golden age of TV we now have unlimited audio to listen to.
Currently enjoying The Witcher books. Polish fantasy writer. Witcher 3 Wildhunt was a world I just had to explore and indulge in after playing the video game. Even bought myself a collectors edition strategy guide. :)
ashmie
Wargod

Previous

Return to Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題