The Golden Age of TV. So, what are you watching?

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。

Re: The Golden Age of TV. So, what are you watching?

Postby Primarch on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Well, this evening I finished watching Altered Carbon. Very good story, well acted, well directed and well paced. Good TV all round. :D

I also watched parts 1 and 2 of Helsreach. It was ok, but the picture was pretty rough as Job said. If they can improve on that, it should be worth watching.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Primarch on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:13 am

Last night I finished watching Jessica Jones Season 2. After the first season's well paced story, with interesting supporting characters and a chilling villain, season 2 had a lot to live up to. Sadly, it (IMHO) didn't. Without giving to much away, it really felt like a filler piece, rearranging the characters ready for something else. There was a lot happening that had no connection to Jessica at all. e.g. Her lawyer friend has a lot of screen time, but only a few minutes interacting with our eponymous heroine. Netflix have confirmed season 3, so hopefully that will be more like season 1.
tl;dr - JJ S2 is better than Iron Fist, but it's not much better.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Lovejoy on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:04 am

Just got hold of Series 5 of Endeavour. I did love Inspector Morse when it was first broadcast, and I’ve been enjoying this prequel show.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG
Lovejoy
Legend

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:59 pm

Primarch wrote:Last night I finished watching Jessica Jones Season 2. After the first season's well paced story, with interesting supporting characters and a chilling villain, season 2 had a lot to live up to. Sadly, it (IMHO) didn't. Without giving to much away, it really felt like a filler piece, rearranging the characters ready for something else. There was a lot happening that had no connection to Jessica at all. e.g. Her lawyer friend has a lot of screen time, but only a few minutes interacting with our eponymous heroine. Netflix have confirmed season 3, so hopefully that will be more like season 1.
tl;dr - JJ S2 is better than Iron Fist, but it's not much better.

have to agree with prim here. It wasn't bad, exactly, but neither did it make me want to keep watching, other than general loyalty to the show.

I'm nearly finished with Gotham season 3 (yeah, I know - netflix gotta hurry up and get S4 on...). It's much more fun than JJ. Stuff happens in this show that would be dumb as hell in almost anything else, but it just kind of works here. It veers just close enough to comic booky silliness without crossing the line toooo much. Thumbs up for Gotham from me :)
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Previous

Return to Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題