Hello, living in Nagoya!

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。

Hello, living in Nagoya!

Postby Scoutsifer on Tue May 16, 2017 8:34 am

Hi all, my name is Scott, from the UK / Canada!

I moved to Nagoya in October and I'm here for the long haul I think. I had brought all my games and paints with me - Age of Sigmar small warbands (perfect for the skirmish coming out), Zombicide BP and expansions, Blood Rage, Gorechosen.

I just noticed I missed the Nagoya Hammer event by a couple days! Gutted! But wondering if there are any active members living in Nagoya, I'd love to meet up for a beer, chat about the hobby and whatever else, and maybe get back into playing again!

Cheers!
Scoutsifer
Rookie

Re: Hello, living in Nagoya!

Postby Primarch on Tue May 16, 2017 8:54 am

Hi Scott and welcome to the forum.

There are several members living in and around Nagoya and there are monthly gaming days you are welcome to attend. The next one is next Sunday, though as it falls the week after NagoyaHammer, not everyone will be able to attend.
You can find more info here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3400

In the meantime feel free to jump into any ongoing discussions or even start one or two of your own.

Regards,
P.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Tue May 16, 2017 10:24 am

Hi Scott - welcome to the forums and the group. While I wont be at the May gaming day (im one of the ones who was at naghammer last weekend and ain't allowed out again until next month :roll: ...) there will likely be enough folks to get in a game or two. So far as I know, we don't have any AoS players around here (anybody care to correct me on that?) but the other games you mention, being standalone experiences, should be able to entice some folks to throw down some dice.
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby YellowStreak on Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 am

Welome mate. You'll see there's a variety of games going on, from historicals (Bolt Action, Napoleanics, and recently Saga) to Scifi (40K, Shadow Wars, Infinity) to others (Blood Bowl, Frostgrave, etc.).

I have a bit of Zombicide stuff, but the original stuff, not BP. I prefer modern zombies! :D
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby job on Tue May 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place to enjoy hobbying.
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
job
Wargod

Postby Scoutsifer on Sat May 20, 2017 4:54 am

Hi everyone ! Thanks for the replies.

I guess since everyone plays 40k, I should pick up a start collecting box! Unfortunately I just picked up Hammerhal, maybe I'll return it for a 40k set.

Are there any groups around interested in Shadow War Armageddon? I could be up for a monthly skirmish type campaign :)
Scoutsifer
Rookie

Postby me_in_japan on Sat May 20, 2017 12:41 pm

lots of us are playing SWA just now, so it should be easy enough to find opponents, either for one-off games or longer endevours. As for 40k, we're all kinda waiting for 8th ed to drop, but once it does it's likely (no promises, mind you) that there will be an upswing in the number of games played. It's kind of an odd situation, actually, as until GW got their act together these past few months, there hadnt really been any 40k action round here at all (which was a shame, as personally I still rather enjoyed the game). But, things have changed, and love is indeed in the air, so once things have solidified around 8th ed I'm fairly confident there should at least be a respectable number of players. Worst case scenario, I'm keen to give 'er a whirl :)
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Return to Introductions - イントロ