Well, it's Dec 31st and I doubt I'll be doing much painting before midnight, so time to see how things went.Primarch wrote: ↑Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:19 amWell, we are over the halfway mark for the year, let's see how we're doing?
1. I have painted 317 models so far this year out of my target of 360. However, 250 of those were painted in Jan-Mar, 51 in April, 17 in May and 0 from June onwards. (Coincidentally the same time I started playing Magic: Arena, I wonder if there is any connection?).Primarch wrote: ↑Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:40 pmSo my goals are as follows:
1. Paint an average of 30 models a month.
2. Paint my American Airborne army.
3. Paint a force for the American Revolution.
4. Continue working on my British in Burma project.
5. Figure out the best way forward for this site.
6. Be less curmudgeonly.
2. I have most of the figures for this army assembled, but no paint on any of them yet, not even an undercoat.
3. I think this isn't happening for the time being and can be safely ignored.
4. There has been a squad of Gurkhas sat on my painting desk since June. I have also assembled some Indian National Army and I'm building some 5th Indian Division troops as and when I feel like it.
5. Things seem to be rolling slowly on as they are. We're never going to be a big community and Facebook etc. provides an all in one place for hobbies, family and friends, which NH doesn't and can't compete with. Job did suggest making the monthly game threads more prominent, but there is no easy way to do that automatically. (I'm too lazy to change it manually every month).
6. That's not really for me to judge if I am successful or not.
So in summary, 1. is well within reach, 2. and 4. are at least moving slowly forward, 3. and 5. are on indefinite hiatus and 6. is still up in the air. Roll on Dec 31st!
1. I managed a grand total of 417 minis of various sizes and shapes this year Vs. my target of 360. Aces!
2. Nope. Haven't touched my Airborne at all.
3. This project is finally underway. I have most of my minis assembled, a couple of test pieces done and I have started on the first unit.
4. My Gurkhas are all done and I have quite a few more models built and ready for painting.
5. So far so good. We have had a few new people join this year which has added a bit more life to some areas. I shuffled some parts of the forum around to make them a bit easier to find.
6. I thought I didn't do too badly, though again that isn't for me to judge.
So I beat target 1. Targets 3 and 4 are creeping forward. Number 5 is ok so far, but number 2 just hasn't happened.