Greetings from Okayama

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。

Greetings from Okayama

Postby Tanuki on Mon May 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Hey all. Tanuki here.

Been into the hobby for a few years thanks to one of my former coworkers. Since then I got to meet a lot of people in the Yokohama Tokyo area and even worked as a Blue Shirt at Games Workshop Jimbocho and Nakano in Tokyo for about a year. I was considering quitting my teaching gig in Yokohama to become Black Shirt as it paid more and was full time, when I got an offer to teach at a private girls school in my wife's hometown. since we were always thinking about building a house in her hometown (with my own hobby room) we made the move here.

I've been trying to find gamers in the Area, but it seems like all of the nearest groups are over 2 hours drive away. I have gone from complete to zero hobby support. I was pointed in the direction by a member of Wargamers in Japan yesterday. Thought I'd check this forum out. I'm hoping this will be a good place to find some like-minded people on this end of Japan. Hopefully I can make it out to some of the events up in Nagoya too. I used to live in Nagakute back in the day.

I play Spacemarines primarily, but right before I left Yokohama I bought a small Tyranid force which I hope to paint up in the near future. I have around6,000points and growing. Here's my army right before I packed it up to move to the countryside.

Nice to meet you all
Last edited by Tanuki on Mon May 26, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanuki
Rookie

Re: Greetings from Okayama

Postby Primarch on Mon May 26, 2014 1:54 pm

Welcome to the forum Tanuki.
That's a nice looking army you have there. Feel free to bring it to Nagoya anytime you like. :D
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby job on Mon May 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Welcome to the forum! feel free to come on here and discuss gamin between bouts of dice-rolling and painting. Of course if you are in our neck of the woods, do bring your pretty Space marine company or nids!
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby jehan-reznor on Mon May 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Welcome to the forum me an Miguel are from kobe so if you ever near let us know
jehan-reznor
Champion

Postby me_in_japan on Mon May 26, 2014 3:22 pm

Nice marine army! Respec' for having it all painted up - mine always get about half done then some new shiny distracts me :oops:

Please feel welcome on the forums and also in person in Nagoya (or Mie, where I am.) We're a fairly beer-and-pretzelly group of gamers, but that said if you ever want to bring your A-game we can, too :) I play all flavours of Eldar (Dark, Vanilla and Piratey) and also have a mono-nurgle marine army, cos sometimes all that skimmy, swooshy malarkey gets old and you just want to stomp around blowing stuff up :)

Out of interest, do you just play 40k, or do you also play other systems? Various folks here play various things. (Warmahordes and Malifaux for me), although the vast majority of us do play 40k.

Anyhow, welcome to the forums :) Yoroshiku and all that :)
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby The Other Dave on Mon May 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Welcome!

You might want to PM Danguinius on the boards too - he only seems to pop in now and then so may not see this, but he's part of a very active group out Hiroshima way, and I think some members of that group may live nearer Okayama.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 91 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Mike the Pike on Tue May 27, 2014 4:51 am

Hi Tanuki,
Welcome to the forums.
As TOD mentioned above, Danguinius is the man to get in touch with about gaming in your region. Drop hima line if he doesn't contact you first. IIRC He's in Fukuyama, between Okayama and Hiroshima.
Cheer
Mike

P.S. Nice army ya got there. Feel free to bring it up to the Midlands sometime.
Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Postby Tanuki on Wed May 28, 2014 9:38 am

Thanks for the greeting, all

I just checked my inbox and there was a message from Danguinius, thanks! I don't mind driving to game. I already had it in my mind as I was driving to Okayama from Yokohama earlier this year that I'll have to Drive back up to Nagoya some day to get a game some day. Its nice to hear there are people in Mie too. thats even closer. From what I gathered from Danguinius, there may even be some gamers here in Okayama as well.

Things are looking up. In the meantime I'd like to help out on the forum in any way I can. I read somewhere about the site needing pictures of minis. I have some that may look decent enough. I'd definitely like to get some games in especially with the new edition being out and all.

Do you guys know of any hobby shops on my end of Japan? There used to be one in Okayama, but it looks like they only do MTG now.
Tanuki
Rookie

Postby Primarch on Wed May 28, 2014 9:50 am

Tanuki wrote:I read somewhere about the site needing pictures of minis. I have some that may look decent enough.

That was a while ago. We're good for now, but please feel free to post up pics of your minis if you want to show them off.

www.ring-tail.com has a nice mail order service and are based in Kyushu.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby jehan-reznor on Thu May 29, 2014 12:17 am

There is Iconoclasm in Osaka but he has mostly GW, Ring tail can get you almost anything
http://www.hobbymetal-iconoclasm.com/
jehan-reznor
Champion

Next

Return to Introductions - イントロ