Hello

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。

Hello

Postby Pithlit on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:21 am

Hi all,

Wanted to introduce myself - I'm Nick, moved to Osaka a while ago. Previously played a bit of 40k but now more interested in WarmaHordes :D Privateer press forums suggested you guys as fairly active wargamers in Japan, although those forums look a bit dead :(

Anyway, if anyone else is around the Kansai area and fancies a game (and speaks English...) it'd be great to meet up!

Nick
Pithlit
Rookie

Re: Hello

Postby Primarch on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:02 am

Hi Nick and welcome to NagoyaHammer.
There are a few Warmachine players in the area, but they very rarely post much in that section. I think there is a semi-regular Warmachine game that takes place in Kuwana in Mie-ken. If you have a look in the games finder section, there should be something in there somewhere.

Regards,
P.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:07 am

Hi Nick :)

Welcome to Naghammer - glad to meet you :) Recently there hasn't been much warmahordes action here, but that doesn't mean we don't play it. I have a decent amount of Cryx (and an embarrassingly unpainted Trollbloods army which has never seen use :oops: ), and there are a smattering of other players in the area. I think folks will e happy to play warmahordes if asked, it's just that in recent months other games have piqued folks' interest more. Meh, interest in specific systems ebbs and flows, y'know? Warmahordes will have it's time in the sun again soon enough. I'm still keen to get my Cryx on the table, at any rate. In fact, we have an event planned for May 7/8. The first day is a 40k kinda-tournament (not really a tourney, more of a story/fun gaming experience thing. See the NagoyaHammer 2016 forum for details) but the 2nd day is split between warmahordes and Bolt Action (because in our locality players tend to play one or the other, but not both). So, I'll defo be playing Warmahordes that day, and if poss I'd like to play a few warm up games beforehand, too.

Anyway, fear not - if you're after a game of warmahordes I'm sure someone can oblige you. Or, if you fancy dipping your toes in uncharted waters, folks will be very happy to demo any other game to you :)

Welcome to the forums - hopefully see you at a game day soon :)

- Dave

Ps - if you're interested, PM dungeonlord about the Kuwana game. He'll hook you up with details.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Pithlit on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:36 am

Thanks for the information! I was checking out the forums and saw the information about the game day - I'll try and make it along, but I might be out in California playing on big-ass lasers (it's a hard life, I know).

I'll drop dungeonlord a PM and see if I can't get myself a game. I kind of want to get somewhere with Warmachine before getting into (another) new game! :D
Pithlit
Rookie

Postby The Other Dave on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:39 am

And it's a bit further away than Nagoya, but Danguinius on the forums here is part of what is (last I heard) a very active Warmahordes community out Hiroshima way.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 83 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby job on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Hello Nick. welcome to the kind of Chubu area forums. You might know some of our posters who live in your neck of the woods.

For Warmachine, there are some people who play in Nagoya, but there seems to be good knot of people in Mie. Also Danguinus' event looks incredible.

There is a good number of 40k players here. If there are any events in the Osaka area, please inform us. I'm interested in seeing if I can make it out to the Kansai sometime.

Cheers.
Joseph
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby jehan-reznor on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:14 am

Hello Nick there is a Japanese group in Osaka that meet in sakuragawa kumin center (浪速区民センター) every month.

Schedule is visible on the iconoclasm shop site
http://www.hobbymetal-iconoclasm.com/

They play a lot of Warmachine, malifaux, 40k and other games systems, there are other foreign gamers that also play there. If you are into x-wing, imperial assault and/or star wars armada they are usually played in the JIGG kansai boardgame meeting held in the same building but not always on the same day.
jehan-reznor
Champion

Postby Pithlit on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:08 am

Thanks guys, those look great! :D I'll try and make it along to the Osaka Battleclub in Naniwa, and then maybe meet some of you guys in Mie for dungeon lord's event.
Pithlit
Rookie

Postby YellowStreak on Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Welcome to the boards!
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby Mike the Pike on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:25 am

Hello Daisy,
Sorry if the following seems unwelcoming but we have a few concerns about your profile/message, particularly the unusual hyperlink in your signature. Could you please provide a few more details.
If I am mistaken, I will gladly proffer my humblest apologies and buy you a beer sometime.

@Admins: whaddya think?
Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Next

Return to Introductions - イントロ