Hi (^.^)/

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。

Hi (^.^)/

Postby OZMS2Tallgeese on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Alan, I have been in Nagoya now for a couple of months and I am glad to have some like minded people. I only play 40k (but was unable to bring my army with me when I moved here) so I have started collecting again from scratch. I look forward to being able to attend some of your get togethers once I build my army up again. Cheers (^.^)/
OZMS2Tallgeese
Rookie

Re: Hi (^.^)/

Postby Primarch on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi Alan and welcome to NagoyaHammer.

Please feel free to jump into any threads that catch your attention.

I look forward to seeing you at some of our gaming events.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:36 pm

hi alan, and welcome :) We're always happy to see new gamers round here. im a bit south of nagoya (mie prefecture) but i try and make it up when i can. most of us play 40k, although theres a lot of interest in other games, too (40k rules bloat is largely to blame, but thats a whole 'nother thread :roll: ) Speaking personally, i still rather enjoy a good game of grimdark, and have mono-nurgle CSM , craftworld eldar, dark eldar, eldar corsairs and harlequin armies. (as you can tell, i like my ears pointy :P ) What army are you playing now? (or, given that your minis are overseas, what are you thinking of collecting?) or...an interesting question...could you be tempted to try a different game system? Regardless, its good to have you on the forums, and i look forward to seeing you over a gaming table some time soon :)
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby OZMS2Tallgeese on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Thanks Primach and me_in_japan, I live in Aichi prefecture! Actually I collect smurfs (ultramarines) ^^ or atleast I did till Khorne found his way into my mind n heart… thus I am building a Khorne Daemonkin army. I had a smallish force back home and I am still fairly new to their rules but I like how they play. Once I get a small army I try to turn up to the events :) I too look forward to meeting you guys as well as being on the opposite table edge ;)
OZMS2Tallgeese
Rookie

Postby Konrad on Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:22 pm

Welcome to Aichi. Even though 40K is not the default game these days, most everyone has an army (I gotz me sum Boyz and Guard) and still loves an excuse to blow the dust off them. I think the next bash in Nagoya is the 21st. We'll be playing some Gorkamorka, an ooooolllldddddd GW skirmish game, think Mad Max with Orks, down in Kuwana the 14th. Lots of geekery about these parts. I'm sure you and the Khornies will find new friends to kill in no time.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby job on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:15 am

Welcome to Nagoyahammer.

40k remains the game we have in common on this forum. Generally, the game is played on the side of beer n pretzels, not to say people don't like winning a game. The big event of the year is NagoyaHammer during the Golden Week holiday. You will have plenty of time to prep an army for the event.

As for myself, I play Nightlords- Black Legion along with a small hodgepodge Dark Angels force and a small Skitarii force under construction.

Hope to catch you around the tables sometime!
Models Painted, 2018
2 28mm
3 Robots
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby YellowStreak on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:38 am

Welcome to Nagoyahammer Alan!
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2