Hi I'm Daniel

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。

Hi I'm Daniel

Postby Krobrawlg on Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:44 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Daniel, I'm new to the forum. I live in south Gifu with easy access to Nagoya. I've been here about seven months.

I've never actually done wargaming before, but I used to play board games and rpgs (haven't had the chance recently) and lately I've been thinking wargaming would be pretty cool to get into.

40K and Skirmish games look pretty cool, but I am most interested in learning about army-scale fantasy or ancient/medieval historical games. I suppose that might not be the best way to start for a beginner because of the numbers of miniatures involved, but that is what seems most exciting to me at the moment.

If there is anybody out there interested in teaching a newcomer a thing or two, I would appreciate it!

Best regards,
Daniel

日本語でやってみます。

皆さま、

初めまして、ダニエルといいます。南方の岐阜県に住んでいます。

実はウオアーゲーミングの経験はありませんが、最近にはしてみたいと考えています。今のところ、私にとって最も面白そうなゲームはファンタジー、または中世などの歴史的な大規模なものです。

それでは、よろしくお願いします。
ダニエル
Krobrawlg
Rookie

Re: Hi I'm Daniel

Postby Primarch on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:50 am

Hi Daniel and welcome to NagoyaHammer.

Don't worry too much about picking up a huge army right away. Most of us have enough models to introduce different games so that you can get a feel for what you want to collect.

We are currently trying to decide on a new historical group project, so feel free to join in if you have any ideas.

Regards,
P.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby YellowStreak on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:37 am

Welcome to the forum!
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby kojibear on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:47 am

Hi Daniel. :)

A warm welcome from me, too.
kojibear
Legend

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:38 am

Hi Daniel

welcome to Nagoyahammer :) Always good to see new folks here. As others have said, no worries about not having minis for games. The biggest issue we all have is finding time to play - we have way, waaaaay too much stuff, so whatever game/s you take a fancy to, somebody will have an extra army/gang/whatever to lend you to learn the ropes. Hopefully see you at one of the gaming events soon :)

-dave
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby jehan-reznor on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:14 am

Also if you are into Boardgames check out the Jigg tokai on facebook a group for boardgamers (and x-wingers) , i am a member of the JIGG Kansai group.

And come to the Nagoyahammer event!

oh and welcome :P
jehan-reznor
Champion

Postby The Other Dave on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:10 am

Welcome! Fortunately, as people say, we have a bunch of people playing a bunch of different games, and most of us have multiple forces for most of our games, and would be pleased as punch to line you up with a demo to dip your toes in.

There isn't too much army-scale fantasy going on these days - Games Workshop recently blew up the flagship game of the genre (literally!) - but please do pop in to the historical projects thread and see what might interest you. Probably the most active games in terms of players at the moment are Malifaux, a small model-count fantasy / steam-punk / weird west skirmish game, and Bolt Action, a WWII platoon-level game. The former especially is super easy to get into - a $45 starter box and a deck of cards will get you set up to start playing, although miniatures games being what they are you'll find lots of temptation to spend more money. :D

Look for our Facebook group too - Central Japan Gamers. There isn't much discussion there that doesn't happen here, but we do put up event details and such.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 63 infantry, 4 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby job on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Welcome to the forum, Daniel!

Hopefully we'll see you at a gaming event some time soon. We usually have a monthly gathering on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

-Joe
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:30 pm

The Other Dave wrote:Probably the most active games in terms of players at the moment are Malifaux, a small model-count fantasy / steam-punk / weird west skirmish game, and Bolt Action, a WWII platoon-level game. The former especially is super easy to get into - a $45 starter box and a deck of cards will get you set up to start playing, although miniatures games being what they are you'll find lots of temptation to spend more money. :D.

like...

Frostgrave (small scale skirmish game, pretty much any mini can be used, simple rules)

and

X-wing (pre-painted, cheap buy-in, pew-pew laser noises acceptable)

(It should be pointed out that neither of these fit the description of the kind of game you expressed interest in, but they are popular at the mo.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Krobrawlg on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I hope to see you at one of the events soon; I'm definitely up for trying things beyond what I expressed interest in.
Krobrawlg
Rookie

Next

Return to Introductions - イントロ