David from Montreal

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。

David from Montreal

Postby ConcreteSurf on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Hey y'all,

My name is David and I'm going to be moving to Japan for at least a year, so I've been looking for 40k clubs/players near Hiroshima, but, so far, my google-fu has failed me and I haven't been able to find anything (except maybe a club that meets once a year).

Would any one of you guys/gals happen to live in that area by any chance?

P.S. My Japanese is pretty limited (JLPT N3) so I might have missed some stuff during my research.
P.P.S. I'd also be willing to start playing WarmaHordes if no one is playing 40k.

Thank you : :D
ConcreteSurf
Rookie

Re: David from Montreal

Postby job on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Hello David,

Welcome to Nagoya Hammer. Good luck with the move.

We are in central Japan, so a bit of a trip for a game, but do join us whenever you can. The largest gaming event in the group is Nagoya Hammer, which is in and around Golden Week each year. There's at least one day devoted entirely to 40k or the 40k universe, so we hope to see you at least there.

As for Western Japan, there is Ring Tail I believe in Okayama, a gaming store that is great for getting stuff.

Also speak to The Other Dave. I believe he knows some folk in that neck of the woods.

Finally, there\s a really big Warmahordes tournament right in Hiroshima. One of the guys who organizes it is Danguiunius.

I hope that helps. Cheers!

Joseph
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Hello David and welcome to NagoyaHammer,

As Job says, Hiroshima is mainly a Warmahordes kind of place to our knowledge. Try sending a message to either Danguinius (in Hiroshima) or Gannon (in Yamaguchi I believe). They should be able to help you find local players and/or run you through some games of Warmahordes.

You might need to make a couple of extra posts before you can access the message system... I should really check how this site works. :D

Regards,
P.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby ConcreteSurf on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Wow, thank you for replying so promptly! Ring Tail seems to be located in Oita-ken. I'll definitely try to contact Danguinius and Gannon.
ConcreteSurf
Rookie

Return to Introductions - イントロ